The IC Comfy Trucker Comfy Truck-Off

Comments

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    Coach Flaps reporting in for Man'aise Haulin' company :)

And WTF...they couldn't have my wife's country?! Dammit, it's RIGHT NEXT to Italy, lame! :D
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I'm keeping an eye out for a flash sale. I want in on this, but I can hold out...
    BuddyJ
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    You all might as well wait until the 22nd, steam sale price is guaranteed until then. If you get a flash sale, all the better, if not, you still get the regular sale price.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Just for the record, it only takes a few hours to reach level 3. It will take a good deal longer to get your own truck.

I set up my ECKSBAWKS controller for this, but I'm not really liking the way it's handling. The axis setup considers the triggers together to be a single axis, so as far as I can tell you can't set one for gas and the other for brake. This has me pressing forward for gas and trigger for brake, which is super awkward and makes more precise steering a bit difficult.

I would have tried more configurations, but I was too comfy to truck with it.
    UPSLynx
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    The controlling styles in this game are very difficult. I've tried the first three, auto, normal auto, and manual, but 15 minutes into the game I've already caused 7 accidents and totaled my employer's truck. I've also lost more experience than I've gained. I don't think I'm cut out for comfy trucking. Buying a truckers hat today at lunch and will try again tonight to see if that helps.
    primesuspect
    edited July 2013
    Signal said:

Buying a truckers hat today at lunch

Ditto...from a gas station down the street.
    Also, who doesn't love that sweet ass 80s streaming radio station? The music streaming alone is worth my money spent.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    @JBoogaloo I absolutely love the radio streams. For a long time I was listening to EKR Radio but Bobby found FM.1 which is a classic country station and it is 100% awesome.

There's just something about trucking and listening to country music that works way too well.

As for the controls, it'll take a while to get used to I was running deliveries up until level 5 and by that point I was still flipping my truck on on/off ramps. At this point I've worked a good medium but I still always seem to get at least 1% damage instead of a perfect run.
    Signal said:

The controlling styles in this game are very difficult. I've tried the first three, auto, normal auto, and manual, but 15 minutes into the game I've already caused 7 accidents and totaled my employer's truck. I've also lost more experience than I've gained. I don't think I'm cut out for comfy trucking. Buying a truckers hat today at lunch and will try again tonight to see if that helps.

My first run I ended up losing money and experience. Then I turned on FM.1 Classic Country and let my natural instincts take over.

...and I just now remembered that I have this sitting in my office. image
    JBoogaloo
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    Ilriyas said:

Bobby found FM.1 which is a classic country station and it is 100% awesome.

midga said:

Then I turned on FM.1 Classic Country and let my natural instincts take over.

Alright, now I'm concerned this game is going to ruin Icrontic. :range:
    GnomeQueenUPSLynxRahnalH102
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Icrontic Trucking Inc: Delivering Rad right to your front door.
    LincUPSLynxBandrik
    edited July 2013
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    :banned:
    UPSLynxCanti
  • This conversation has gone far too long without this video being posted:

Also, in if the game goes more on sale. Maybe even if it doesn't.

Also, also name: Truckis Dickis
    UPSLynxtrooster89
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    This is getting really tempting, need something to complete my Planes, Trains, and Trucks(cars) theme.
  • Fine. Truckis Dickis reporting in.
    Ilriyas
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Krazy Klutch shifting into gear.
    Ilriyas
    Lame I know, but I can't seem to find Thrax's mumble post for IC info. Can anyone toss that my way?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Go to Categories -> Members Only -> Top Announcement

Will make witty post about buying game once I come up with a rad trucker name.

-Digi
    Ryder
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Aha! The search uses google and google can't see members only. Hence, always look in Members-only if you can't find something in search.

Protip and ^5 @BobbyDigi
  • IvanIvan Icrontian
    @Ryder ^5
    ah, thank you.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Jokke said:

It's now or never. Currently 75% off.

Jokke said:

Ughhh still $10
    BobbyDigi said:

Will make witty post about buying game once I come up with a rad trucker name.

-Digi

I need one, too. Was thinking maybe Propane Sparkle.
    BobbyDigiUPSLynx
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian

Ughhh still $10

I may have an extra copy if you're interested.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Jokke said:

And I'm in!! Also I'm going to leave this here:
    http://www.quizopolis.com/trucker-name/name-generator/7120/

According to that my trucker name is Rattler. Let's do this!!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I am SO EXCITE FOR THIS!

@midga totally agree about using the xbox controller. Pain in the dick, especially considering how cruise control works on trucks. The game is definitely setup for a pedal/wheel set.
    UPSLynx said:

I am SO EXCITE FOR THIS!

@midga totally agree about using the xbox controller. Pain in the dick, especially considering how cruise control works on trucks. The game is definitely setup for a pedal/wheel set.

I actually caught myself considering locating a wheel. This is literally the only game I would use it on. I think tonight I'm going to try to get creative with my controls. It might be possible to use JoyToKey to separate the trigger axes, but I dunno. I'll play with it and let you know if I come up with anything decent.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    CrazyJoe said:

Jokke said:

And I'm in!! Also I'm going to leave this here:
    http://www.quizopolis.com/trucker-name/name-generator/7120/

According to that my trucker name is Rattler. Let's do this!!
    Stampede reporting in!
    UPSLynx
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Trucker Name Generator
    UPSLynxmidga