Minecraft + Dayz = 7DaystoDie?

Comments

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Managed to get the port forwarding setup at home and a server running. Open to anyone who feels like hopping in and I'm hoping to use a community-provided hack to up the player count to 8 soon.

Server is at: ic-east-coast.asuscomm.com

And yes, I know that's a goofy ddns.
    UPSLynx
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Official word on the 2nd Key errors (Went out 2 days ago, just found it in my junk box)
    We have identified a possible error in our account registration process for amazon kickstarter backers and may have sent you multiple keys by accident.

We ask you to only use the first key you received and delete the extra keys you may have received as this one will be disabled in our system. Note if you got a 2nd Key through a 2nd paypal purchase please ignore this.

We apologize for the confusion and hope you are enjoying the 7 Days to Die Alpha demo

We'll see you in Navezgane!
    The fun Pimps
    -Digi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    BobbyDigi said:

Potato stand Off and Accidental Pool

http://www.twitch.tv/b0bbydigi/c/2792991

-Digi

The comfy clip is hilarious, but I think potato standoff is my favorite of your videos. I can't stop cracking up at that one. WHAT DIGI? YOU GONNA POTATO ME?!
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Want to see Prag's clip of the hub cap mine.
    Holy shit, my laugh is horrible.
    Alpha 1.1 coming soon:

Improved memory management, game needs less memory
    6 player consumer coop and multiplayer
    Version check and login check can be bypassed now when our server cannot be reached
    Better dedicated server support (unlimited players)
    Console does not pop up on errors any more
    Several item duplication bugs fixed
    Added recipes for brick, decayed brick, pavers red wood and more
    Zombie stair pathing improved
    -Digi
    edited September 2013
    Howdy Survivalist,

We have a brand spanking new shiny Alpha 1.1 release ready for your enjoyment. The release includes Mac version support, more dedicated server options and many bug fixes.

So like my Grand Pappy use to say what’s good for goosing is good for taken a gander at or something like that!
    So why don’t you head on over to our new Customer Portal and login to download it. Don’t forget if you had Alpha 1 then all you need is the 1.1 patch. And remember folks Alpha 1.1 is not compatible with Alpha 1 servers For a complete list of all bug fixes and features go to the Alpha 1.1 Release Notes page!

You Stay Cool

The Fun Pimps
    Alpha 1.1 Official Release Notes

Mac version support
    New recipes for brick, decayed brick, pavers red wood
    Fixed console popuponerrors bug
    Improved Memorymanagement
    Duplicate item exploit fixed
    Fixed damage delay on spike traps for the player
    Fixed bug that when placing chest it was filled with loot
    Fixed bug that zombies dance onstairs
    Fixed bug that fat zombie broke the stairs
    Server checks client on connection if this client is activated
    Max player limit is now 6 in GUI mode
    Password is encrypted now in registry and on web access
    Fixed bug when close shots went through zombies
    Fixed bug that doors had wrong orientation on placing them
    Fixed problem that if during reloading clip was removed gun was full though byremoving clip onstart of reload
    Fixed exploit that twopeople could pick up an item at the same time
    Important – New dedicated server commandline syntax change you use -OPTION=VALUE, like -port=8 (old was -port 8)

New Dedicated Server command lineoptions

gamemode=0|1 (0 =coop, 1= pvp). In pvp youdont see the other player on the map
    maxplayers=X (anynumber <= 64 is valid). In GUI mode max players is always 8
    difficulty=X (X between 1 and 10, limits the wave spawning today X)
    world=X (name of the world to load, currentlyonly Navezgane)
    name=X (name of the game)
    dedicated (must be last option to start the dedi server)
    ip=X (ip the dedicated shall listen on, this is onlyfor the extra socket connections. Unity listening cannot be limited) </p>
    Friday night 7 Days?

-Digi
  • PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    This looks really cool, I can't believe I haven't heard of it before!
    I will definitely give this a go!

*edit: Corrected typo
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    V1.1 isn't quite as comprehensive as I was hoping for.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    I still need to give this game a shot. I'd be down for it tonight if there's a server with a free slot :D
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I'm down! What time?
    I would prefer 7ish or later. Would give me time to get fed and downloaded.
    Same here.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    8 player max, that's a welcome change!
    Oh, and you have to reregister your account on this page to be able to download the new patch.
    BobbyDigimidga
    edited September 2013
    Ooookay, these download servers are hella slow. Could be a decent bit later tonight before I can play. =/

-edit-

If anyone has a faster way for me to get the installer, shoot me a steam message or something. <3

-edit-

I finally got it downloaded. It took a half-dozen tries, and finally just letting it run from all four servers. Of those, one finally made it.

Their download servers are kinda crap =/
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Are people still playing this?
    I backed this game not so much to play it during Alpha, but in support of what it wanted to become. I imagine once it gets to beta or release, and the game is considerably more polished/reliable, I'll play much more often.
    midga
    Alpha 2 coming next week!
    What’s up Survivalist’

I’ll tell you what’s up. The Pimps have been locked up in their top secret development crib like Quasimodo chained to their desks determined to get Alpha 2 out this coming week. I can’t speak for the other Pimps but I’m developing a hump on my back from working so many hours. Guess we’ll need to invest in those fancy stand up desks soon. Ok enough flapping my gums here’s a little news to chew on for you starving Survivalist’s out there.

We have a brand spanking new forum up and running so give a big virtual internet high five to Brian, Ryan and Shane if you seem them for getting it going!
    A tip of the Fedora to a couple of new developers we’ve added Robert, Joe and Ben who are already making a big impact on Alpha 2 in programming and animation.
    We'll do our best to get all you Warriors Backers this build and thank you for being patient.
    Ok without further ado here are a few Advertised features and some rumored features I heard about on Oprah. I do like Oprah when I get my hair done. Note this is not a full change log or a complete feature list we wouldn’t want to spoil all the surprises we have in store for you. A full change log will be available on release day.
    Alpha 2 will have:
    New Game modes including Deathmatch and Zombie Horde mode with several new maps to support these new modes.
    A new menu look with bunch of user game mode customization options, a new server browser for finding games easy and a game scoreboard.
    New items and weapons including crossbows, pipebombs, repair wrenches and more!
    New enemies including the Acid Puking Hulk, wall climbing Spider Zombies, new zombie sounds and more!
    New locations in Navezgane including a huge Wasteland City, a new housing development and more!
    Improved Network protocol for better performance and larger player counts above 8 and NAT punch through for player ran servers as well as dedicated servers.

You stay cool

The Fun Pimps
    -Digi
    The game is completely different friends

-Digi
    edited November 2013
    I still need to try this out... Maybe tonight?

-edit-

Oh, 2 isn't out yet. =/
    Maybe I'll still give 1.1a a shot tonight since I've got it installed already.
    I am excited for this. I wanted this game to be a challenge - and it was only about day 2 on the original patch when I thought - huh. I'm safe.
    I bought into this game for its future. Alpha 2 is getting there!
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    One of the games I really thought about buying, but decided to wait a bit longer on, then missed the end date altogether. Now I have to wait till it is actually released. Also with the way the game is based, it would be a good game for me to mod if possible for a game I have been wanting to play/create for a while.
    And it releases while I'm moving. Grumble.
    Suddenly Alpha 3:
    Alpha 3 is now out and ready to download. It’s only been 10 days since Alpha 2 but Alpha 3 has a lot packed in it including: A server browser fix so it now refreshes properly, the control panel can now kick and ban users, AI improvements and fixes, lots of new recipes including a new hard metal door recipe for extended zombie defenses, loot balancing, improved water logic reducing water misuse in PVP, god mode removed to reduce mp cheating and much more.

So why don’t you head on over to our Customer Portal and login to download it. We’ve also improved our server download speeds to better handle larger numbers of users.
    •Of special note the Fun Pimps have decided on a more frequent release schedule so F.Y.I. It could take several quick releases to accomplish all coming next features.
    •Previous versions of the game will be incompatible with newer versions so we strongly recommend updating now.
    •Read on for a complete list of new content, changes and features. So check it out now funk soul brother!

Official Alpha 3 Release Notes

Added
    •Added lead ingot recipe
    •Added new hard metal door made from ingots
    •Added recipe for wooden shingle cubes, wedges, wedged corners and wooden shingle pyramids so wooden shingle homes can be made
    •Added iron sights to M136 Rocket Launcher & Degradation
    •Added stack limits to Aloe cream, first aid bandages
    •Created hay bale recipe from brown grass which can be used to break your fall from a high places
    •Added Plant Fibers recipe from brown grass
    •Added torch recipe from sticks and brown grass
    •Added new player_ointment sound for applying aloe vera
    •Degradation now affects the damage all weapons do, to blocks as well to entities
    •Added full new female zombie sound set
    •Added some new male zombie sounds
    •Added recipe for planks from tree tips
    •Added recipe for planks from tree tips
    •Added aloe vera cream apply sound
    •Added new Auger sound set
    •Added new auger_empty and chainsaw empty sound when your out of gas
    •Added new auger_reload and chainsaw_reload sounds and animations
    •Added new bucketfill_water, bucketplace_water and bucketbail_water sounds for new bucket and water functions (Rick)
    •Added Left mouse button on an empty bucket bails 9 water blocks
    •Added Right mouse button on an empty bucket now uses 5 water blocks to fill the bucket
    •Added Game browser client refresh improvements with master server

Changes
    •Reduced probability of finding rocket launchers in safes
    •Changed it so falling blocks don’t spawn items any more
    •Changed desk to use nightstand loot instead of safe loot
    •Changed iron ingots so get 9 instead of 10 ingots
    •Changed metal trussing so you can shoot through it and zombies see through it
    •Changed scrap iron door to not be as strong
    •Changed pipe bombs to not destroy the world as much
    •Changed Wooden quarter stairs to place inverted
    •Changed Aloe cream recipe to require a jar
    •Changed Aloe cream so it heals the player when used
    •Changed all grass so it drops Brown Grass on destroy
    •Renamed Yucca Fibers to Plant Fibers
    •Changed animal dead bodies to stay for 60 seconds (Joel)
    •Changed algorithm for calculating explosion damage to blocks
    •Re-factored chunk generation
    •Blocks destroyed when falling on stability drop only items if the fall distance is less than 3 meters
    •Removed telnet support on a dedicated server. Control panel is the only choice now
    •Items dropped on death of a player now stay for 3 minutes instead of 1
    •Changed older couches to fit the old town theme
    •Changed algorithm how explosions damages blocks for tuning improvements
    •Changed it so the Rocket launcher doesn’t get removed it degradation is “empty” it jams now
    •Auto saving now random chunks that need to be saved
    •Placing water from a bucket now only spreads 2 blocks
    •Changed rotating death camera is now only 50% speed
    •Removed god mode when cheat menu is used
    •Did a rare loot container balance pass so most larger enterable structures have a least one rare type of loot container usually hard to find
    •Replaced ping with country code in game browser
    •Changed control panel disable/enable server options to default to disable

Bug Fixes
    •Fixed bug that hunting rifle zoom was scrollable
    •Fixed Auger is rendered smaller in players hands
    •Fixed Spanish, French and German translations
    •Fixed glass panes so they can be placed on any wall the correct angle
    •Fixed Hulk vomits at any angle out of the back of his head. Now if you happen to get behind the zombie when he started his vomit attack, his head isn’t rotated in an unnatural angle any more
    •Fixed control panel so that it also works when the next (and overnext, etc) round started
    •Fixed Fat Zombie cop vomits and attacks blocks at the same time sometimes
    •Fixed tree tips to drop tree tip blocks
    •Fixed lowered volume of overdriven chainsaw fire sound
    •Hopefully fixed the problem that sometimes polygons shown invisible
    •Fix crash when ending the game on server browser screen
    •Fixed NAT punchthrough sometimes doesn’t work as it should for some users
    •Zombie dogs and animals shouldn’t climb ladders any more
    •Fixed problem that when setting maxplayers to 4 only 3 players could connect on a server
    •Fixed Zombies don’t head for “not yet spawned” zombies any more
    •Made first floor in wasteland governors building set 3 blocks high for more jumping room and to prevent getting stuck
    •Continue game screen titles don’t update properly when re-entering game
    •Fixed problem when Multiplayer servers sometimes don’t show up on the game browser
    •Fixed Control Panel command errors form bad characters
    •Fixed zombies hoping on curbs
    •Fixed Zombies dancing zombies near 2 block high fences
    •Fixed Zombies over-running their target position
    •Fixed Animals sometimes run in circles
    •Fixed problem with master server list
    •Fixed Zombies jumping and dancing at spike traps
    •Fixed Control panel can now kick and ban users

Known Issues
    •Animals get knocked back quite far when hit
    •When you light a pipebomb and don’t throw it, it will explode but the pipebomb is not “deleted”/removed from your inventory. If you die, all of them are dropped, including the one that exploded.
    •Stability on Bridges are still a little weak in the middle
    •Players can sometimes get stuck in small vertical spaces less than 2 blocks high like on top of a cinder block or trash pile
    •Sometimes there are missing polygons in the world
    -Digi
    midga
    They are on a roll. Alpha 4;
    Official Alpha 4 Release Notes

Added

Added scrap metal recipes from candy tins, air filters, and hub caps
    Added new feature for preview position and rotation for placing blocks. Before placing a block a semi-transparent preview of the block is displayed and player can rotate it using LMB
    Added Femur bone club\crafting item
    Added Hunting Knife
    Added Bone Shiv
    Added recipe for bone shiv
    Added recipe for hunting knife
    Added femur to zombie & deer loot
    Added hunting knife to loot
    Added new block rotate sound set
    The“empty glass” can now also be filled with water at toilets

Changes

Reduced polygon density on the barbed wire fence trap, candy tin landmine, hub cap landmine and air filter landmine for better performance and to keep people from reaching max vertices in a chunk
    When pressing the ALT key in 3rd person the camera can be moved freely around the player. Old state was: when shooting it was shot through the screen middle. New state: the crosshair is removed and shooting is done along the players view
    When the Z menu is opened, the full text search is auto selected and the old entered text is cleared
    Increased time that zombies play their roam sounds
    Increased block damage on explosions to allow better TNT chain reactions
    The turn speed of entities (like zombies or stag) is now dependent on their speed: the faster they move the faster they turn
    Increased colliders for inventory slots so that horizontally there is no space any more. Vertically there is still a small gap in the bag
    Spikes can now be placed only on a solid cube. So stacking of spikes isn’t possible

Bug Fixes

Fixed problem that chunk could not be saved when building a column > 190 blocks
    Configure Controls: fixed bug that “left shift” and “right shift” were not selectable
    Fixed problem that when placing a bedroll/bed the other block was removed without a check. This could be abused for fast mining. Also set the orientation of a bed correctly
    Fixed problem that when running a server for a long time and the entity ids get greater than 16 bit, no player was able to connect to the server any more
    Added delay to food items so they don’t disappear until used

Known Issues

Animals get knocked back quite far when hit
    When you light a pipebomb and don’t throw it, it will explode but the pipebomb is not “deleted”/removed from your inventory. If you die, all of them are dropped, including the one that exploded.
    Stability on Bridges are still a little weak in the middle
    Players can sometimes get stuck in small vertical spaces less than 2 blocks high like on top of a cinder block or trash pile
    Sometimes there are missing polygons in the world
    -Digi
    Alpha 5 is out and 7 Days To Die is now on Steam

The Game is on sale (15% off) until January 2nd per the recent Kickstarter email though the Steam page shows through the 17th.

If you already purchased a license, Get your Steam Key here

Alpha 5:
    Added
    •Added new higher quality deferred lighting and checkbox in video options to switch it on and off for low and high end computers
    •Added new clouds, sun color and fog color spectrums so each biome is unique
    •Added biome transitions so they blend between colors smoothly
    •Added the ability for Dogs to get through 1 meter holes
    •Added new zombie crawler who crawls on the ground and can get through 1 meter block holes
    •Added water specular highlights for sun/moon
    •Added new organic material so corpses play the correct impact sounds
    •Added empty tin cans to loot
    •Added scrap metal recipe from tin cans
    •Added new destroy organic sound set so destroying corpses makes the right sounds
    •Added new footstep organic sound set so walking over corpses sounds squishy
    •Added recipes for gas cans from cornmeal and water
    •Added recipes for oil drums from gas cans
    •Added new loot safe, loot stump, loot suitcase and loot corpse sounds and Integrated new loot sounds
    •Add 4th ultra shadow distance setting of 80-90 blocks
    •Added Allow friend invites from dedicated server
    •Added SteamID for banning and file saving
    •Added new game options for zombies running always, never and default run night walk day
    •Added new organic particle for destroying corpses
    •Added sandstone recipe
    •Added buckshot item which can be crafted from lead ingots
    •Added feathers & shotguns to zombie loot

Changes
    •Changed damage on tools to compensate for degradation
    •Changed it so Zombie dogs break through dirt and wood faster
    •Changed dirt, grass & stone for new high quality deferred render settings
    •Changed balancing of the bone shiv & hunting knife
    •Changed Items like the club so they don’t have a wireframe target focus any more
    •Changed it so in steam builds the steam id is used to save the player data file
    •Changed shaders to improve the look of the day/night colors in the game
    •Changed female player club hold and attacks so more of the club is on screen at the beginning and end
    •Changed the mass of wood to 5 was 6 now roofs should not break that easy any more
    •Changed and darkened Corn specular to look better with advanced lighting
    •Changed Increased head damage on knives & pickaxe
    •Changed trash loot to drop more items
    •Changed shotguns to not destroy blocks so easily
    •Changed zombie dog offset so his head doesn’t clip into the player when attacking
    •Changed removed degradation from femurs & lowered their damage output slightly
    •Changed reworked water textures
    •Changed bucket recipe to use forging metal instead of ingots
    •Changed shotguns to not destroy blocks so easily
    •Changed zombie dog offset so his head doesn’t clip into the player when attacking
    •Changed text descriptions for difficulty settings
    •Changed text descriptions for zombie run settings
    •Changed all game modes should default to the 1. Scavenger setting for new players
    •Changed Increased chance to find a pistol on zombie loot
    •Changed bolt recipe to use small rocks instead of scrap metal
    •Changed Increased number of bolts crafted from the recipe from 4 to 12
    •Changed Increased number of feathers found in nests
    •Changed Deleted arrow recipe until bows are finished
    •Changed Increased chance to get more venison
    •Changed Fat zombies now use backpack and purse loot
    •Changed regular zombies always drop some loot
    •Changed shotgun shell recipe to use buckshot instead of lead ingots
    •Changed crossbow bolt recipe to use small rocks instead of scrap metal and it has a greater arrow yield

Bug Fixes
    •Fixed problem that on a server when a client disconnected, 2 threads were not stopped
    •Fixed bug that in create world mode when pressing Shift the wireframe focus of the block didn’t go into the target block any more
    •Fixed problem that bushes, trees and cactus decorations we’re sometimes rotated wrong
    •Fixed problem that rockets went through metal trussing
    •Fixed problem when connecting to server where the client could not hit the ESC key and cancel the action
    •Fixed problem where zombies and animals sometimes danced on bushes
    •Fixed block preview shader so that alpha cutout blocks like metal trussing are displayed correctly
    •Fixed block preview position so that it should fit the “real position”. E.G. placing ia block nto water and into grass lead to a wrong preview
    •Fixed crash when there was a blank “ “ at the end of a game name. Now this isn’t allowed
    •Fixed connection problem from Pre 4
    •Fixed dog pain animation from spamming
    •Fixed glowing dusk fog in city/forest biomes
    •Fixed an oversight causing more zombie cops/spiders/hornets to spawn than intended
    •Fixed mattress placing
    •Fixed bug that the held block was black sometimes
    •Fixed bug that caused the player to slow down with water effects when near water blocks
    •Fixed Z-fighting in corn items
    •Fixed missing icons on mattress items
    •Fixed it so zombies don’t get stuck at a garage door any more
    •Fixed weight on pig, stag and rabbit so they don’t get moved as much by physics
    •Fixed bug where the bucket doesn’t remove water blocks anymore
    •Fixed a bug where zombies spawn on the roof of houses. Now they spawn in the houses
    •Fixed all chairs so they can be picked up
    •Fixed deer to drop less bones than meat
    •Fixed zombies respawning at POI upon entering game
    •Fixed the zombie “dog head clipping problem”
    •Fixed concrete blocks to use concrete impacts
    •Fixed Offset dog root joint towards head so they don’t clip through things
    •Fixed bug where restore defaults were not setting all game options to the defaults
    •Fixed zombies so they all run when always run option is selected
    •Fixed In “Never Run” mode the zombies reach the player better
    •Fixed torch placement problems. Now torch can also be placed in the middle of a block again

Known Issues
    •When you light a pipebomb and don’t throw it, it will explode but the pipebomb is not “deleted”/removed from your inventory. If you die, all of them are dropped, including the one that exploded.
    •Players can sometimes get stuck in small vertical spaces less than 2 blocks high like on top of a cinder block or trash pile
    •Mac builds need to quit game via the task manager
    -Digi
    RyanFodder
    Sweet!! Installing now. I'd definitely be up for checking out the new things.