Madden 25 Anniversary Edition

JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass...Alexandria, VA Icrontian
edited August 2013 in Gaming
Anyone else taken any interest in this

$100 bucks for a Madden game AND get NFL's Sunday Ticket for Free? The game may see minimal play, but the amount of Sunday Ticket that's gonna get watched is ridiculous!

Also, not sure if I'm late on this, but hey...just tossing it out there.

Comments

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    I have preordered it (on XBox) as well for the same reason. I will be watching all the painful Sundays of Bengals Football.
    JBoogaloo
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    The only reason this has peaked my interest is because of the Sunday Ticket deal. You're essentially paying $40 for a $300+ package.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Exactly...that's why I'm half tempted to go with the offer. Suprised I haven't seen @fatcat chime in on it yet.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    JBoogaloo said:

Exactly...that's why I'm half tempted to go with the offer. Suprised I haven't seen @fatcat chime in on it yet.

He's to busy praying to the Dark Gods of Evil. A.K.A. Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck.

JBoogaloo
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    the internet provides all NFL games for free, didn't you know? :p
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    fatcat said:

the internet provides all NFL games for free, didn't you know? :p

Live? If so things have changed since the last time I bunkered down on Sundays all season (admittedly 3-4 seasons ago).

-Digi
    Not legally... :-)
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    The hoops necessary to jump through to get a quality stream, weekly, make a $40 fee worth it.
    edited August 2013
    NiGHTS said:

The hoops necessary to jump through to get a quality stream, weekly, make a $40 fee worth it.

if, of course you already are paying for DirecTV
    Get NFL Sunday Ticket on Computers, Tablets, and Mobile Devices
    Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge. Learn more.
    I don't have any TV service, only internet
    So this would be great for you because with this deal you don't have to have DirectTV to get Sunday Ticket, only an internet connection.
    JBoogaloo
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    CrazyJoe said:

So this would be great for you because with this deal you don't have to have DirectTV to get Sunday Ticket, only an internet connection.

Except he already gets streams for free and might not want to play Madden...
    Except he already gets streams for free and might not want to play Madden...
    and I don't own a console.

also, you can get DirecTV for $29.95/month right now which includes NFL Sunday ticket for free
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    I don't know what this thread has become...

A contract for DirectTV is in no way cheaper than a vidjagame, the deal is good for internet only users. The hell are we arguing about?
    JBoogalooBobbyDigi
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    NiGHTS said:

The hell are we arguing about?

Football

I just got the game in the mail today. If anyone else gets it on Xbox and would like to start up an online league let me know.
    JBoogaloo
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Got mine today, too! Unfortunately, it's a PS3 version. But, I'm soooooooper stoked about the NFL package and the games (OH GOD THE GAMES!!!!) I'll be able to catch anywhere anytime throughout the season.

Guy 1: "Oh hey, did you hear about the awesome play that X did over Y?"
    Me: "No"
    Guy 1: "Wuttttt?!?!!"
    Me: "BECAUSE I WAS WATCHING IT, BABY!!! I saws it real time with the NFL package...C'mon man!!" /Screams Boom and shoves device in guys face.

Yeah, I'm not really excited about it at all...