Baldurs Gate: Enhanced Edition - A Quick end to a very Unsatisfying Beginning

IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy CanadianToronto, Ontario Icrontian
edited August 2013 in Gaming
So tonight @Thrax, @TiberiusLazarus, @Cola, and myself attempted to play Baldurs Gate: Enhanced Edition in a 4 player co-op.

Despite promises of High res HD textures/graphics and a reworked functioning UI none of this actually exists, effectively what we've determined to have received is a 'less buggy' version of the original. Suffice to say by the title the game has not aged well at all and while it could've possibly been successful had it received the promised re-works this is obviously not the case.

Anyways a little list of our experiences.
We spent an hour or more on character creation hitting reroll until we had the best stats possible, only for Jimmy to die to CR 1 mooks right out of the starting area (An event which decidedly killed the whole affair)
Ran around the introductory town doing menial errands for little-to-no payoff.
Attempted to finish a side-quest in the tutorial area (A place where you shouldn't be able to die) only to find out it's likely bugged (We were incapable of talking to one of the NPCs beyond the message that there were no interactions with him.) Only for me to suggest that Jimmy, the resident rogue pickpocket him for the item we needed.

...Only for this to happen.

Other problems being that only the host can interact with NPCs, when talking to an NPC other players are incapable of doing anything, etc etc.

Finally Male Voice 3 gets incredibly irritating after he's said 'Let's get on with it' for the 10th time in half as many minutes.

Winfrey

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Very disappointed to hear this. I was looking forward to giving it a shot. Let us know if you keep trying it and it gets better.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I uninstalled the game and will not be going back. What was groundbreaking for its time now plays very poorly. It is a straight up irritating game to play.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    I like the game a lot still. I don't think I'd have to patience to play it co-op with 3 other people. I haven't played the EE version as I have baldur's gate 1 and 2 and the BGT mod does what EE is supposed to do better, imo, without the bonus content in EE.

+1 for Zwald MacDoublefist though.