Photo-a-week, Pics/discussion thread for 9/15, Old/New

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
This is the thread where you should post your picture for the 9/15 Old/New theme.

Post the pic, as well as any additional information you'd like to add. Some examples would be:
camera / lens used
any interesting setup information
something you wished you could have improved
something you think turned out really well
etc

Need to host a picture? I recommend flickr.com over imgur. Flickr keeps the exif data intact, and does some resizing automagically. For resolution, I suggest 1024 pixels on the longest side.

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    Again, I ended up with two I wish I could combine.

I was playing with lighting and configuring for small, close subject again.

This one was low shutter speed, bright room. It really shows the subjects well, but that's all it does. It turned out surprisingly sharp for the shutter speed.

old new final 2

This one was low-light room, fast shutter, and a hand-held flashlight used as a spot. This has more of the feel I was going for, with the two smaller die alone in the darkness on top of the giant die, but the image itself turned out very fuzzy. I had accidentally reset the focus between shots (One of the few things I don't like about this camera is that it returns all settings to default every time it's turned off), so maybe just didn't get the focus right for this shot, or maybe holding the camera in one hand, and the flashlight in the other was just too unsteady, even for the higher speed. I played with the sharpness a bit in photoshop, but of course, it can't actually be fixed. If I could have had the lighting for this one, with the focus of the other one, I would have been really happy with it.

old new final 1

Also, I think both would have been better if I'd turned the '20' side into the light, instead of just on top of both.
    oni_delsNullenVoyd