2»

Comments

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    That time my phone was waterproof...

UNTIL IT WASN'T.

Repost...

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

I think this is the reason why the S5 is marketed as Water Resistant. Getting it wet internally still voids the warranty as well.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

One week later and the liquid has VERY slowly but surely been evaporating. It looks WAY better and I expect a full recovery :)

01.jpg 45.4K
    Chooch
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

If it got in there in the first place, and is now able to get out again, my guess it can re-enter just as easily...

Well yeah I do realize that my phone is no longer waterproof, so I'll just have to treat it like every other phone now.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

Prime I expected better of you. Your phone was never waterpoof, it was water resistant. It's meant to protect against the dampness not drying your hands after washing and accidental burger drippings, not for checking the auction house in the shower.

edited April 2015

BS man. They 100% advertise it as waterproof, capable of taking photos underwater, etc. They used tons of submerged, swimming pool shots in their marketing. I've taken this thing in lakes with me and shot photos from underwater as well.

The Xperia Z1 is IPX7-rated "waterproof" up to 1 meter submerged.

• First person view of a baby being delivered by papa am-bro-zay.
    WELCOME TO THE WORLD

I ALWAYS deliver babies shirtless.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

It's rated IP-57. The 5 is for dust, the second digit 7 denotes it's protected against immersion, 8 would mean continuous immersion.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Confirmed. IP-57. It should have survived 3 feet of water for 30 minutes.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

Isn't the 30 minutes the life of the device though? Not 25 minutes under water, dry it out, next day be able to do another 25 minutes under water?

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

No, it's not cumulative. An IP-rated device should be capable of upholding its rating on any given occasion.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

I stand corrected. Still wouldn't trust it though...

Just under a week later, my phone screen is pretty much completely healed. You can't tell anything happened to it. Yay?!