I need help in emulating zip drives (100mb, 250mb, 750mb+) on a USB flash drive.

I've seen floppy disk emulators with a usb port on ebay claiming they emulate up to 1000 1.44mb floppy disks, and I was wondering if those disk emulators can also emulate larger drives... like the 100mb zip drives or larger.
Anyhow, the questions are as follows...
1.) Is it possible to emulate larger zip drives bigger than 1.44mb (such as100mb, 250mb, 750mb+)?
2.) If yes, would the disk emulator with the usb work to read the larger emulated flash drives?
3.) If no, why not? Would I need a different emulator? Something different? Just impossible?

I don't know if any of this makes sense, but I'm hoping it does make sense to someone out there who can help me and point me in the right direction.

Comments

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    No idea. I'm betting google would produce some results.
    Just curious...why would you need something like that?
  • Well if it's possible then I can tell you the why, if it's not then it defeats the purpose of the why.
  • Do you need a software or hardware emulator? Can you be more clear?
  • Sorry about that, I need both software and hardware emulators.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Yes it is possible. Now explain what you are attempting to do and we can further help.

-Digi
  • The whole purpose of this is because I am trying to upgrade a gaming device add on. The device itself is a "Z64" which originally comes with a 100mb zip drive, upgradeable to a 750mb zip drive. I want to see if I can emulate the zip drive with a usb option. It's a matter of convenience vs. switching back and forth between zip disks.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Z64: "backup" device for Nintendo 64 games. Piracy. Thread closed.
    JBoogaloo
This discussion has been closed.