Dota 2 Tuesdays

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Haha, the best.

Honestly LoL starts off the same way with the trudge to level 30, except in dota 2 you don't have to farm IP to get to play the heroes you want or buy enough runes or pages to be competitive. I'll stick with dota 2 over that.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Honestly, that comic could have said LoL and been just as accurate.
    What time do people want to start tomorrow? Same time? earlier? Later?
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I'd say earlier if we can. Might get us a chance to warm-up and break up into groups again if we have more, though I think quite a few people are going to drop out this week.

Dota 2 is an unforgiving mistress.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I enjoyed last week, but I've got a pretty big test in the morning so I won't be able to make it tonight.
    There can only be one...
    Going to get on the dota's here in a little bit. Any and all are welcome just get on the mumbles or join the icrontic chat channel inside dota2. I'd like to get some matchmaking games in, maybe get a 5 stack?
    Great times tonight guys!
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Felt horrible the first game but the rest afterwords were much better.

We were all pretty awful the first game. Just needed a warm up.
    Got to play 3 games with @RahnalH102 @Marshmellow and @MiracleManS. The first game went badly as we got some bad picks and Bounty Hunter just rolled over us. Game 2 and 3 however were great successes. 1-2 for the night ain't bad. And now some screenshots of the Highlights:

Game 1 featured the friendly pubbie Disruptor and Rahnal on Ogre Magi in the long lane with MiracleManS manning mid on Magnus, Marshmellow supporting safelane on his Visage, and me playing the safe-lane carry Spectre.

Here's MiracleManS getting a beautiful 3 man RP set up nicely by the enemy team's Faceless Void Chronospher

Chasing down the Broodmama and the Viper, Viper would go on to not die the entire game.

Final Score

Game 2
    featured either a convincing troll or an actual Russian on the Shadow Demon in the safe lane, Marshmellow playing the Doombringer in the Jungle, Me on Beastmaster in mid, in the long lane was Rahnal on the carry Phantom Lancer and supporting him was MiracleManS playing Warlock.

MiracleManS drops the rock

Everybody needs their aghs scepters right guys? Also Beastmaster is yelling at that Windrunner so hard.

Kill secured

Final Score

Thanks everyone for playing. I'd really like to get a full 5 person stack next time though so come play with us!
    MarshmellowBobbyDigi

Yeah don't feel bad about that game at all, we got some bad picks and playing Invoker for the first time is pretty damn daunting. As far as skillcap heroes go he's easily one of the highest.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    What made me feel the most negative was that I couldn't figure out what I wanted to actually pick that round. Other then "NOT INVOKER" cause my research from before said hell no to him.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    midga said:

Honestly, that comic is LoL

Yeah I got screwed over by the "you get a random hero if you don't click accept" thing before. I think that's kind of unintuitive and unfriendly to new players, sorry I forgot to mention it until right after that. I was kind of tired that day honestly and not everything was clicking. Always feel free to ask any questions though, something I might see as obvious might not be to newer players and I don't mind answering questions.
    I played Earthshaker last night as support. I wish I'd grabbed a screenshot, but I fed a Bloodseeker so hard. 5/10/20 Earthshaker, 27/5/10 Bloodseeker = GG.
    edited November 2013
    Let's try to get enough for at least a 5-man stack tomorrow night. Let me know if people want to change the time at all so we can get more people involved.

Also Diretide is coming, I have a feeling those who are maybe newer to the game might have fun with this event.
    Wait, its coming? I thought they weren't doing it!?

Also, I'm in.
    A little late for Diretide season wise, but hey better late then never.
    Looking forward to Dota 2 this evening. Thought I'd share a nice compilation of some of the best plays in competitive Dota 2. "The Play" still gives me chills.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    In if I haven't passed out by then, hit me up on steam cuz I'll prolly forget :P
    Diretide and 2 more heroes plus a new coaching mode for helping new players. Awesome.
    Marshmellow
    Well, they brought the items to be slightly above par then TF2 items. Time for @BobbyDigi to get in on this.

So now what, there are 6 Heroes left to be converted? Wonder what they'll do after that?
    WRAITH-NIGHT

So now what, there are 6 Heroes left to be converted? Wonder what they'll do after that?

Well, not it's 5 left. I wonder who's next.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

-Digi
    RahnalH102Tushon
    Do we want to get a group(s) together someday(s) for the Wraith Night PvE?
    Yeah get together peoples! I will be gone over the holidays though so I won't be able to join you guys. I'll get Dota 2 Tuesdays back more regular in 2014.