How I got fit.....without trying.

Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian ScoundrelIndianapolis, IN Icrontian
Recently I have been lucky enough to drop from 250 lbs down to a cool 205 which is just over my goal of 200. This was done over the course of (almost) 2 years while sitting on my fat lazy posterior doing absolutely nothing. Now I gift the knowledge unto you, all I did was drop soda, and junk food (the usual crap one drops) however this is what has made the difference, I started to steer away from 2 major issues which plague our food supply; aspartame (a common artificial sweetening additive used in diet foods and such) which many studies have found to be toxic in humans, and GMO (Genetically Modified Origin) foods (Well at least as much as I can but here in America we have no regulations on them) opting more organic. Once I made these two changes the pounds just seemed to melt. Now I know many people will say the two things I dropped were harmless and this is metabolic, but look at the results, they can not be argued with.

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    paging @Thrax
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Internet Explorer murders people!! Down with Microsoft!!
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Congrats on the weight loss.

Keep in mind though that skinny != fit.
    Ever.
    midga
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    I dropped aspartame and gained weight, booo.
    midga
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I dropped aspartame and dropped headaches.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

... 2 major issues which plague our food supply; aspartame (a common artificial sweetening additive used in diet foods and such) which many studies have found to be toxic in humans, and GMO (Genetically Modified Origin) foods (Well at least as much as I can but here in America we have no regulations on them) opting more organic. ...

Science is a bitch.
    midgaBasil
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    shwaip said:

alt post:

Paging Tim

midga
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2013

look at the results, they can not be argued with.

Happy healthier you incontestable guy you.
    midgaBasil
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    mertesn said:

Congrats on the weight loss.

Keep in mind though that skinny != fit.
    Ever.

Yeah, the title would probably be more accurate if it read "how I lost weight...without trying".
    GnomeQueenRyanFoddermidgaBasil
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Congrats. :)
    Creeperbane2
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Congrats! :D
    Creeperbane2
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Thrax said:

Ilriyas said:

paging @Thrax

Kobayashi Maru.

Chanel your inner James T. Kirk, and you might just survive.
    JBoogalooGHoosdum
  • shwaip said:

aspartame is fine.

Aspartame is fine from a health standpoint (based on the best available evidence).

That said, there are a couple studies which suggest consuming artificial sweeteners can have effects on ones diet, namely raising ones tolerance for sweetened foods resulting in overindulging on foods which have sweeteners (especially ones with sugar or HFCS) in them. This is an especially big problem with the prevalence of sweeteners in pretty much everything (seriously, go look at canned tomato sauces in your local grocery store, it's hard not finding one loaded with sugar or HFCS). Granted, that's not an issue if you keep strict track of the number of calories you eat. If you are, on the other hand, simply switching from sugar/HFCS sweetened beverages to non-calorie sweetened beverages in an attempt to lose weight, without keeping track of your total caloric intake, you are likely to be in for a surprise.

Also, lolol anecdotal evidence errywhere, lolol.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    The media only reports on violent crime THAT MUST MEAN CRIME RATES ARE INCREASING.

(I dunno, I'm a CJ student, crime is the only thing I know...I'm sorry)