Cannot get dual display working

CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
So one of the PCs in my school will not display correctly with our projector. We have a Dell OptiPlex 760 with a Core 2 Duo running Win 7 and onboard video. We also have a ceiling mounted projector and when I tried connecting it to the projector using this VGA splitter it will not work with the PC monitor and projector at the same time. If the splitter is plugged into the projector it will display the PC through the projector, but the only way to get the computer to display on the PC monitor is to unplug the splitter. Any ideas on what would cause this?

Comments

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Onboard video cards might not support dual monitors. Have you tried hooking it up to another monitor instead of the projector? It could also be a limitation with that instead.

If neither of them work, have you tried hitting Windows + 'P'? It should give you a quick menu on monitor settings for a projector
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    It shouldn't be an issue with the onboard video card because we have the same model PC in other rooms with the same setup and those work fine, this one just doesn't. Would it possibly be that I need a different video splitter?
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Try a splitter you know works. Try that splitter on a different computer. Check for updated drivers.