NEW MvM: The Two Cities Update

2»

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Always ping me for MvM. The 5.5k is not that large. DOTA2 highest sale was 36k but valve also introduced new items to try and slow down the high priced grey market. All the item changes are more and more about keeping money in their market place, nothing to do with balance.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited November 2013
    A bunch of players have posted the effects of Kill Streak Weps in this Reddit thread.

Pretty cool stuff. Unusual effects from your classes eyes when you get kill streaks in quantities of 5. Some if not all "upgrade" along the way. Getting more intense and noticeable with more streaks.

I have a Professional Objector kit. I would rather have a wrench kit.

Edit: SPUF post with examples of effects

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    wanna go a few rounds tonight?
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Shoot me a message if I'm online.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Just played with a group of pubs. Three, three golds dropped at the end of the mission. A Scattergun, Frontier Justice, and Minigun; @Bobbydigi do you know if they changed the drop rates or was the group just astronomically lucky?
    They seem to be dropping regularly. That's not to say they are not rare, just don't know yet. I would say 3 dropping in the same round is pretty amazing.

They are selling for between $60 and $300 on the Community Market

-Digi
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Why did the pan go for 5.5 K? Are some drops more rare?
    edited December 2013
    This is Good stuff. Disregard last sentence.

Reddit user FluffyBunnies lays it out...
    basically means that a ONE professional killstreak kit needs:

-1 professional fabricator kit fabricator

-2 specialized fabricator kit fabricators

-5 pristine robot parts

-82 normal robot parts

-2 killstreak kits

-2 normal unique weapons that match killstreak kits
    Source

-Digi
    Signal_k
    So when you use your killstreak item with a killstreak kit fabricator to fabricate a specialized/professional killstreak kit, does it consume your weapon that you used with it? Is the resulting specialized/professional kit for one or both of the weapons consumed? I'm confused as to how that part works.
    All weapons that you use for the kits are consumed. The only output is the kit listed at the bottom of the fabricator.

I screenshoted crafting my Maul. You can take a look at my Screenshots for the 4th and see the process it took to make the Specialized Killstreak Maul.

-Digi
    Signal
    Awesome, I'ma work towards a professional Machina then
    Included in today's update,
    Updated Killstreak Kits to work on Festive and Botkiller variants of target weapons
    Makes me happy in my pants, being that quite a few of my main weapons are festive or botkiller.

-Digi
    I typed it out so I thought I would share in case anyone else wanted more info on the Kill Streak weps:
    {IC} BobbyDigi: Ok...
    {IC} BobbyDigi: First off there are Kill streak Kits
    {IC} BobbyDigi: You are given a random Kill streak Kit when you finish the two cities tour
    {IC} Primesuspect: Ahhh that would explain it
    {IC} BobbyDigi: For example Ninja just got a Pistol kit
    {IC} BobbyDigi: He can apply that to his Pistol and it will then start counting his Kill streaks
    {IC} BobbyDigi: Then there are two types of Fabricators
    {IC} BobbyDigi: Specialized and Professional
    {IC} BobbyDigi: Specialized Kill streak kit fabricator takes a kill streak weapon (random) plus 24ish (don't remember exactly) random parts that you are getting
    {IC} BobbyDigi: you get parts along with your wep whenever you pass a mission in Two Cities
    {IC} BobbyDigi: The Specialized fabricator when crafted will create a specialized kit
    {IC} BobbyDigi: For example Ninja just picked up a Specialized Fish kit
    {IC} BobbyDigi: He can craft his pistol and a bunch of parts to make a specialized kit for Fish
    {IC} BobbyDigi: Then can add to a fish (fest, strange whatever) and make a specialized kill streak fish
    {IC} BobbyDigi: The specialized weapons give sheen
    {IC} Primesuspect: Gotcha
    {IC} BobbyDigi: The color of the sheen is like "mean green" or "villainous violet"
    {IC} Primesuspect: That would explain his shiny black box
    {IC} BobbyDigi: Yes, once he got to 5 kills it starts to glow and every 5 after that it gets more intense
    {IC} BobbyDigi: That leaves the Professional kits
    {IC} BobbyDigi: Similar to the Specialized fabricator you have to craft it
    {IC} BobbyDigi: Each Pro kit takes two Special weps
    {IC} BobbyDigi: to continue our example Ninja would need a whole other Specialized kill streak wep along with his fish to craft into a pro fab
    {IC} BobbyDigi: the pro fabs also need rare parts, these are the ones that show with the fuse at the end of the misson
    {IC} BobbyDigi: The light bulb is an example
    {IC} BobbyDigi: Once crafted into a pro kit it can be crated onto a wep
    {IC} BobbyDigi: Then it is a Professional Kill streak weapon and along with the sheen gets another effect
    {IC} BobbyDigi: That comes from the players eyes
    {IC} BobbyDigi: Flames or radio waves of different colors
    {IC} Primesuspect: Nice
    {IC} BobbyDigi: Most of the specialized kits are pretty common
    {IC} BobbyDigi: The kill streak kits are used up quickly because it takes one to put into a spec kit and 2 to put into a pro kit
    {IC} BobbyDigi: so even if it is for a cheap wep, it still has value because the fabs don't care what wep it is
    {IC} BobbyDigi: The pro kits are rather expensive
    {IC} BobbyDigi: but they also depend on the weapon
    {IC} BobbyDigi: Rocket Launcher pro kits sell for $20+ easy on teh market
    {IC} BobbyDigi: That is just for the fab
    {IC} BobbyDigi: the kit all said and done goes for $100+
    {IC} BobbyDigi: At first you could only put the kits on unique or strange weps
    {IC} BobbyDigi: but they recently updated to be able to put on Festive and Botkiller weps
    {IC} BobbyDigi: So now you can have weapons like the Specialized Kill Streak Strange Botkiller Sticky Launcher Mk. I
    {IC} Primesuspect: Jeeez
    {IC} Primesuspect: Thanks for the explanation :D
    {IC} BobbyDigi: The more you know
    Just cleaned up the spelling :-P

-Digi
    PirateNinjaSignalprimesuspect
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Sorry guys. My computer has crashed and will not boot past the BIOS IDE drive test. I think it may be time for a new motherboard.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Aww :(