Wildstar

waxwax the neroberg Icrontian
edited November 2013 in Gaming
Has anyone been keeping tabs on this? It looks fantastic. Apparently they've been sending out a lot of invites for the most recent stage of their closed beta.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    I have. I expect it to be my next subscription MMORPG. Been hoping to get an invite for a while, but it hasn't happened. :-\
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    This looks promising.
  • waxwax the neroberg Icrontian
    Cyclonite said:

I have. I expect it to be my next subscription MMORPG. Been hoping to get an invite for a while, but it hasn't happened. :-\

You, I and everyone on the interwebs!

I hope it's not too much longer before release. Charity is getting antsy and wants to resub to WoW. I don't think GW2 is doing it for her anymore, though I'll admit it hasn't kept my interest as much recently either.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I think it looks neat. Played it at Comic Com for about 30 minutes and really enjoyed it. I'm want to give it a shot, but my history with MMORPGs is not encouraging, so we'll see how it goes.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Cyclonite said:

Charity is getting antsy and wants to resub to WoW.

PROBLEM?

Cyclonite said:

Charity is getting antsy and wants to resub to WoW.

PROBLEM?

Haha! I saw the thread where you mentioned getting the guild back together. Problem is, our characters are Horde on a different server. I know Charity, and she won't leave those to roll another toon, but she'll agonize over the cost to transfer/change factions. We'll see what happens as WoD gets closer to release, but I just feel like I'm over WoW *twitch*.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Been keeping tabs on it since I found it a bit over a year ago. Hoping I get in the December beta so I can really give it a whirl.
    Anyone else get an email today about the stress test coming up for this weekend? I'm gonna be pretty busy but I want to try and jump on and try it as some point.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Well I thought I was signed up for this already, but apparently not. I went to do so and my nc account is blocked ... maybe this will be as smooth as my blizzard support experience ... :/
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I didn't get one. Sadness. I blame this dual-card setup.
    I ended up getting a stress test key for this weekend. Wish it was a full beta key, but I'll take what I can get. I suspect I won't be able to really experience much since it's a stress test, but who knows.

Anybody made it into the beta?
    midga
    I did get one and will be on this weekend to do my best to break things so I get invited again.
    Alienware's giving out keys for a closed test this weekend: http://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/wildstar-closed-beta-weekend-key-giveaway
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

Wildstar is in open beta now.

RahnalH102

I got an invite to the closed beta during a busy weekend so I didn't get to do much the first time around. I look forward to this.

What realm are we playing?

midga
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian

Was talking about this with the wife, how to me it looked like WoW with a bit more Sci-fi, but little else different. Nevertheless, trying the open beta because why not. :)

Well, since I'm sitting here in character creator I'm going to say... Nexus.

• @thrax @CannonFodder‌ and I made chars on Mikros

edited May 2014

@TiberiusLazarus said:
    thrax CannonFodder‌ and I made chars on Mikros

Le sigh. Which faction and areas are y'all hanging out in?

• We've been playing on Exile for the most part. WE haven't gotten further than lvl 6 yet.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

It's fun enough to kill time, but there's no chance I'll play post-release.

• NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian

I'm on Mikros, Oots eng on Dom side, Shaad medic on Ex side. very lowbie, not sure I'd play beyond test, but fun so-far.

My wife and a small group of friends are going to end up on the US PvP server. Right now it's named Pergos, but I don't know if that's going to change.

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

Anyone actually playing this? Anyone have thoughts?

Charity and I are on Warbringer. It's still buggy, but it's fun. I gave out all my guest passes, but it's worth at least hunting one down.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I have 3 guest passes. PM and you shall receive.