Tampa Bay in December

I'm going to be in Tampa Bay with family Dec 18-Dec 28 (some time of that will also be spent in Orlando). Any locals want to try to get together at some point?

@cyclonite @Idontactuallyknowwholivesinthispartofflorida

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    If I have any days off during that span, I will drive down to hang out.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I'm in Orlando. Let me know when you're in town and we can hang out.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    Yeah, man! Let me know which times work for you. I don't believe I'm going anywhere for the holiday, so I should be free most of those days. Which part of Tampa?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    Go to a lightning game when down there, Tix are pretty cheap
    edited December 2013
    If an outing to a lightning game was planned I'd drive down from Orlando. Never been to an NHL game before.
    In (maybe) for hockey and beer
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    Hockey games are more fun than any other sporting game in the USA in My opinion and thats saying something since I am a Huge football fan
    MiracleManS
  • Damn, I'm pretty sure the 21st is one of the few days I wouldn't be able to pull going to a game. I believe we were planning to head to Orlando for that weekend (not sure anymore, I'll have to check).
    edited December 2013

In (maybe) definitely for hockey anything and beer

Fixed. :-)

Canti
    If you want to do the Lightning game, check out this LivingSocial deal: https://www.livingsocial.com/events/cities/52-tampa/942203-ticket-to-tampa-bay-lightning-game-hat

I HIGHLY recommend getting club-level tickets. It includes complimentary beer, wine, and food. They usually have a food theme each game, and it's buffet style. It's worth the upgrade if you plan to have a couple beers. And there are some great hotels within walking distance for anywhere from about $100 to $150.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    screw you guys and your bad team with your cheap tickets
    Thrax said:

It's weird, but that crappy team is only two points behind the Red Wings...
    JBoogaloo
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    And the Wings are 3 points out of first?
  • GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    I'm from the Orlando area. I would need to hear the specifics before I can say for sure or not that I can make it out to Tampa for the day. The first sporting game I ever went to was a Tampa Bay Lightning game when I was around 7. That would bring on some major nostalgia.
    Thrax said:

Don't worry, I'm a Buccaneers season ticket holder...

fatcatpigflipper
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Cyclonite said:

God bless
    Cyclonite said:

Thrax said:

GO BUCS!
    So what has come of this?
  • I can't commit to a game at this point, but let's get a time figured out to at least do dinner/whatever. When is good? I'll have a rental car so getting around shouldn't be an issue.
    I'm free pretty much every evening during that time. Weekend should be open as well.
  • @pigflipper Any idea of a good day for you?
    I can only do the 19th or 26th for sure (my regular day off are thursdays) and with the holidays, we are losing a portion of our staff for up to a week at a time, so my ability to get any other days off is iffy.
  • How about we plan for the 26th then? Midafternoon/early evening dinner/hangout? I have no idea what is in the area to do. @cyclonite would you guys be able to come up with some place(s)?
    edited December 2013
    I have to work that day, but I should definitely be able to join in the evening. I may be able to get off early, but most the rest of my department is off, so I'll probably be the only person there.

//Edit: Let me get back to you on places. Might have some conflicts. Which part of Tampa do you plan to be in?
    Coming from Orlando I'd obviously prefer something on the East side but I don't really know Tampa.
  • I'll be in Pinellas Park, mostly. Willing to drive though.
    I've been hearing good things about the Cigar City Brewpub. It's a local brewery, and their beers are great. I'm sure the food is too. How's that sound for a meetup spot for dinner/drinks? http://cigarcitybrewpub.com
    That's about a two hour drive for me. I do have a flight back to Cincinnati the next day, so depending on what time we meet up and such I may or may not be able to make it. :-/
    I have about a 4-5 hour drive depending on traffic and weather...this should be interesting