Desktop OCD, the all white edition - Speakers and Keyboard left

2»

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    You need a white webcam now. Hop to it!
    Cliff_Forster
  • @Snarkasm that is bothering me! I'm sure a white webcam is in my future. I'm still shopping keyboards too.

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Your desk is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO clean! I'm jealous.
    Cliff_Forster
  • Leaning this way on the keyboard, have not pulled the trigger yet...

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Too much black in the keycaps. Unacceptable.
    Cliff_Forster
  • It appears that NZXT and Ducky have answered my prayers.

• After much debate I went this route. I figured the blue with white keycaps would match the theme of the mouse and pad well. Word online is the Zowie keyboard build quality is fantastic, but the keycap printing is so/so... I'll report back after I abuse it awhile. I decided I needed a full 104 key layout after analyzing my typing habits. Love the look of the CM board, but I can't live without dedicated arrows and a delete key. The Ducky NZXT limited edition board, though I love the look, I'm really thinking I might want to get away from back-lighting, kind of a more minimalist back to basics approach. Let's give Zowie a shot, see how it fares.

oni_delsprimesuspect
  • Ugh... that enter button. NOPE.jpg

gotta have my pipe key in the right spot, above enter.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    ardichoke said:

Ugh... that enter button. NOPE.jpg

gotta have my pipe key in the right spot, above enter.

yup. It's amazing how much you actually use \ and | for certain things.
  • It's actually pretty logical to get the forward and backward slash together. I'll get used to it. My only concern is finding standard keycaps to fit the thing later on, I havn't done a lot of research.

Thing is, I'm the type, I know I'll only use it a couple of years then get the itch for something else, I never wear anything into oblivion. If I was ultra concerned about the mileage I'd get I would have gotten a Ducky Pro with PBT caps, but I went a little more form over function knowing I'll probably trade it out after I get tired of my current desktop.
    Which is why we should all be using the most logical keyboard layout, dvorak.
    ardichoke
  • @shwaip have you learned to type a dvorak layout? I've always been curious about it but have never bothered to try and train myself on it.
  • I got a set of dvorak stickers and changed my layout in software once. Used an online trainer to start retraining. Actually started picking it up pretty quickly, but I got busy with other things and didn't stick with it.
    Cliff_Forster
    Yes. I did it one summer when I was bored. No advantage to it, especially if you can already touch type in qwerty. I think research has shown that you may get faster or as fast in Dvorak, but you'll be much slower in the mean time.

I can touch type nearly perfectly in Dvorak now though, because I learned Dvorak using a qwerty keyboard, so I couldn't cheat at all.

A downside is that if I use a shared machine or just one that is not mine, I have to look down to type in qwerty. Also most phone keyboards are qwerty.
    Cliff_Forster
  • Ended up with more blue and white, but I'm happy with all the fresh gear. My desktop looks like my desktop.

PirateNinjaoni_dels
  • In the category of you get what you pay for... The Microlab speakers have failed.

Signaloni_dels