DayZ on Steam

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I heard the devs were being shitheads on this game. True? Should I be concerned about purchasing?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2013
    Alpha access of the standalone client, so take that for what it's worth. I haven't personally been following it, but it could either go KSP (fun but buggy to awesome) with less of an early adopter price slope (I think I got KSP for like $5?) or do the whole "totally gonna happen guyz" and then sorta fall apart.
  • I can wait.

Been following r/dayz for a bit, reading things here and there. I'll wait and see how it all plays out over time.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    I'm not excited to buy unfinished games on steam right now. Pretty easy to wait until a finished product is ready.
    _k
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I agree. I'm thinking of waiting.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Thrax said:

I heard the devs were being shitheads on this game. True? Should I be concerned about purchasing?

Curious what you've heard? Developer allowed the original modder, Rocket, to go fulltime on this project as a spinoff from ARMA - but I'm not sure if something happened since then.

You're not confusing this with WarZ/Infestation: Survivor Stories are you?

Sit and wait, as is my MO for pay-to-support-my-alpha stance on games.
    _k
    UPSLynx
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    so, I'm sold. How do I get on this with you guys?
    I haven't gotten it on steam, although I know that @pragtastic, @tushon, and @theredburn are all interested. I think it would make for a fun gaming night :D
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    I play regularly in fact.

And those were only taken 2 days ago. As of now I've got an M4 with 5 clips of ammunition, 4 weeks of water (With refillable option, dem canteens), about 3 or 4 weeks of food in non perishable cans (And I hunt now so meat is never an issue) and some really nice military grade gear courtesy of the Military Airfield.

If you guys find the server I run on I'll make my way to Borgota Airfield (Want to hit the barracks there) and I can give you guys some of my spare canteens and food. (Also can openers I have oh so many)

The only thing I need as of now is blood, or enough deer to regenerate it myself.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I have it and have played a little bit. Need to get with other people and start some shenanigans. I never played the original mod so I don't really know what you do to start :) could watch a tutorial or something, I suppose.
  • Tushon said:

could watch a tutorial or something, I suppose.

I would recommend against it. Learn it organically.
    RyanFodderTushon
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Thinking about getting this, I missed the original DayZ Icrontic train and really, really want to experience. Not big on paying for unfinished things though, I learned that lesson with 7 days to die.

Tushon said:

could watch a tutorial or something, I suppose.

I would recommend against it. Learn it organically.
    Much Agree. Such Sage. Many Adventure.
    PirateNinja
  • GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    Ilriyas said:

OMG, this game has Mosin Nagants???? Why have I not bought this yet?
    I'm still hesitant to buy it outright. However, the fact that you can tie someone up and forcefeed them bleach or rotten food that you've found does seem somewhat enjoyable from a griefing aspect. (yes, twisted.)

Watching streams of the game, though - I mean it's so unfinished...
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Requit
    That would creep me out a bit.
  • I don't know what all of these robbery and dark cult videos are going on about. This is how you play dayz

ardichokeUPSLynxRyanFodder
    That video makes me REALLY want to play.
    We're idiots.
    UPSLynx
  • Of course we are. That was the point.

Now if only we had some videos of us actually doing assaults on people and zombies.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    Currently Arma II is on Humble Bundle and you can get Arrowhead (and DayZ) if you pay more than average (currently $6.) I know it's not the standalone version, but from what I hear, the modded Arma II version is a bit better at this point. How many of you have the Arma II version (as opposed to the standalone?) I might pick up the Humble Bundle if there are enough other ICers that want to play some DayZ.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    CrazyJoe said:

Currently Arma II is on Humble Bundle and you can get Arrowhead (and DayZ) if you pay more than average (currently $6.) I know it's not the standalone version, but from what I hear, the modded Arma II version is a bit better at this point. How many of you have the Arma II version (as opposed to the standalone?) I might pick up the Humble Bundle if there are enough other ICers that want to play some DayZ.

Bumpin for 10 hours left. Get everything you need to play the original DayZ mod plus 5+ other games and DLCs for $6.

-Digi
    So those of you that play, are you playing the DayZ version or the standalone? For $6 I'd be willing to pony up to play with you guys. What's the interest level among ICers right now?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I got the mod. To be installed and played asap.

-Digi
    Also gotten.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I'm in when I have time to play
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Apparently missed it. Oh well.
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    Me too.

I assumed that since the standalone Day-Z came out, the mod at been abandoned. Oh well. There's always the next steam sale.