Rust - An alpha with massive potential

HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
Rust is, at its core, a multiplayer sandbox survival game which I could best describe as a cross between DayZ and Minecraft. One starts off with naught but a rock and a loincloth (a courtesy which can, to the amusement of the Rust community, be disabled) and an open world. After beating a pig or two to death for sustenance one can begin to climb the technological ladder, crafting flint hatchets and bows, eventually mastering pistols and semi-automatic weaponry.

The game is only in its alpha stage but is remarkably stable, with enough content to keep myself and a few dozen friends busy for weeks, and has thus far been one of those precious games creating endless "Man, you should have been there" moments. From the naked beginnings of the early game we've killed pigs, wolves, bears, zombies (which are placeholders for now; the developers plan to replace them with something more exotic), other players and, of course, each other. We have now built a metal fortress somewhere on the rather large map, which we happily encourage people to try and take from us. The clan/tribe warfare this game generates is chaotic and exciting. The hunters can quickly become the hunted, and even small groups can cause major trouble for much larger entities.

If any of you do fancy joining us on our server, press F1 in the main menu to bring up the console, paste "net.connect 84.200.193.116:28000" without quotation marks, and hit enter.

If anyone has any Rust stories to share or questions to ask, please do :)

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I've been curious about this game for a while and feel like it might scratch an itch I have. So tempting.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    If it doesn't go on sale in the coming days I recommend buying it anyway, especially if a few of the Icrontic guys form a wee tribe :P
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Looks like 7DTD.