Gabe Newell AMA Watch 2014

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
Late Tuesday night Gabe Newell started a thread on Reddit titled The Heart of Racing - New team competing in USCC linking to theheartofracing.org, a charity drive benefiting Seattle Children's Heart Center.

Along with a lot of gems such as:
When they asked me what number I wanted for the car I asked for "3" and they said "nope." Irony.
Gabe has stated if the drive reaches $500,000 that he will do an AMA on Reddit.

I figure it is only a matter of time. With time I know Icrontic can come up with some well thought out questions for Mr. Newell. We have a few Reddit aficionados in the community here (myself not included) who I am sure would like to benefit from the karma that will come with a good question.

So if you could ask Gabe Newell, co-founder and managing director of Valve, any question, what would you ask him?

-Digi
MiracleManS

Comments

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    inb4 all the 3-related questions that will undoubtedly be asked of him anyways, giving us room to ask something else. :)

I'm not sure what I'd ask Gabe, but I had the opportunity to meet Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google a few years back. I asked of him something akin to "with the wealth and influence Google has, do you feel it important to use it to better people's lives?"

His reply was "with great power comes great responsibility."

He said more words after that about ways Google is doing this now and plans for the future, but I was too starstruck to fully remember after hearing him utter that sentence.

• Why does Valve's customer service department typically send nothing but canned responses and vehemently deny customers of any sort of resolution to their problems?
    midgaBobbyDigiBandrik
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Can I have the other Starbucks on your desk?
    midgapigflipperoni_dels