Need help choosing a new gaming laptop

DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
This is Dogs Eldest Son

I am having a hard time choosing a new gaming laptop, however i also need it for work (drafting using Revit 2012 & rendering using Lumion. The two that i find myself stuck choosing between are the Asus G750JX-DB71 and the MSI GT70 2OD-001US. Both of these brands are new to me, i usually buy what ever best buy has on sale (HP or Toshiba whatever is less then $600). However with my tax return i would like to invest in a great laptop. I am hoping that someone here that knows more then me can help me decide I am not concerned with the pricing difference or the weight as it is going on my desk at home and at work. i am concerned with the performance, but from what i have read the are both top performers. As i said i know nothing about these brands or how well they hold up over time, i don't want to spend that much money then find out 6 months later it was a crappy brand and breaks down with avalanching problems that keep adding up

Ps. Or is there a laptop even better for under $2100.

Thanks in advance
Jason

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I've been out of the laptop game for a while and others will be able to provide better info/results than my random google, so I'll leave you with this: I had wonky tech support from Asus over a motherboard issue that turned into a several month replace and reship saga, and our own @mertesn had the following experience in two parts. I don't know about MSI's customer service/QA processes, as I've never owned one but just keep that side in mind as while we all hope nothing ever goes wrong or breaks, when it inevitably does, you want someone awesome on the other end of the chat/telephone/email support group.
    midga
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    My sister got a tricked-out Sager NP8255 with the Radeon HD 8970M for Christmas for ~$2k. It's pretty beastly and is also available with workstation graphics if you're so inclined. Sager is one of those Chinese ODM operations that supplies laptops to OEMs like Dell and HP.
    midga