Dungeon Keeper for FREE on gog.com

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
Thanks @oni_dels for telling your Facebook friends but not your favorite Gaming community! :-P

http://www.gog.com/

Login

Click Banner

Just less than 33 hours left at the time of this post.

-Digi
Annesoni_dels

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    That game was formative during my childhood. Bought it last year on gog at some point. Highly recommend getting this patch thingy.

http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_dwnld.php

And instructions.
    AnnesBobbyDigiWinfrey
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Tushon said:

That game was formative during my childhood. Bought it last year on gog at some point. Highly recommend getting this patch thingy.

http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_dwnld.php

And instructions.

What does this actually do?

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    I'll install it and let you know.
    edited February 2014
    Looks like bug fixes, improved graphics, smoother gameplay and a bunch of fan-made maps and campaigns. Seems like a worthwhile patch, and if you download the installer it's really easy to install.
    BobbyDigiTushon
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    BobbyDigi said:

Thanks @oni_dels for telling your Facebook friends but not your favorite Gaming community! :-P

http://www.gog.com/

Login

Click Banner

Just less than 33 hours left at the time of this post.

-Digi

oddly enough i assumed somebody would've already posted about it by then...
    guess i assumed wrong :/
    Winfrey said:

Looks like bug fixes, improved graphics, smoother gameplay and a bunch of fan-made maps and campaigns. Seems like a worthwhile patch, and if you download the installer it's really easy to install.

These things. :)
    BobbyDigi
    edited February 2014
    I'd tried to replay Dungeon Keeper several times since the days of yore, and could never quite get past the graphics. KeeperFX doesn't quite bring them into the modern age, but it has made it playable, and has helped me remember why the game was so great, and why it's been so hard to live up to over the years.

When I finish replaying the original campaign, which of these third-party campaigns should I do next? There are so many, and there are no descriptions.
    No clue! I haven't done any, just knew that the pack was highly recommended.
    I don't know either, except for the official expansion Deeper Dungeons, everything is new to me.
  • PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian
    Dungeon Keeper is one of my all time favorite games, I'm currently looking forward to "War for the overworld" which seems to be more or less a dungeon keeper clone with better graphics (which is exactly what I want), perhaps that game could be something for you, @CB ?
    Pink said:

Dungeon Keeper is one of my all time favorite games, I'm currently looking forward to "War for the overworld" which seems to be more or less a dungeon keeper clone with better graphics (which is exactly what I want), perhaps that game could be something for you, @CB ?

There have been about 5 thousand games with that exact description over the years, and none of them has ever been able to live up to the original Dungeon Keeper. I'm not holding my breath.
  • PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    @CB Oh I know! And I have been following most of them with burning interest only to be disappointed again and again and again.
    But if you have the time I seriously recommend checking that game out, it is honestly as close to dungeon keeper that any game since has come (Atleast it looks like it on the gameplay I've watched).

EDIT: Here's a link to a video: youtube.com/watch?v=aDSyFwg9Ut8