Fight me in Tites

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

Isn't this like Battlefield, only with wallrunning and mechas?

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited March 2014

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2014

@Jokke said:
    Isn't this like Battlefield, only with wallrunning and mechas?

More fun and less people. Max 6v6 in one match, plus AI

we had at least one full 6 team on yesterday.

edited March 2014

primesuspect
  • @GnomeQueen said:
    Why aren't we all playing together?

@Tushon said:
    we had at least one full 6 team on yesterday.

@GnomeQueen said:
    So did we.

Probably because of that. Only having teams of 6 means we can't all play together. Not being able to set up versus matches means we can't play against each other either. And the process of trying to brute force the system to let us play together was tedious and annoying.

@TiberiusLazarus said:
    Probably because of that. Only having teams of 6 means we can't all play together. Not being able to set up versus matches means we can't play against each other either. And the process of trying to brute force the system to let us play together was tedious and annoying.

Nevermind. My question belongs somewhere else.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I agree that trying to trick the system into 6v6 matchmaking is more trouble than I feel like going through 9:10 times.

• RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian
    edited March 2014

As soon as pay day rolls around again, I'll be in on this. Out of curiosity, what's the Season Pass do?

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

@Requit said:
    As soon as pay day rolls around again, I'll be in on this. Out of curiosity, what's the Season Pass do?

If it's anything like Battlefield (published by EA), you pay upfront at a discounted rate for the future DLC's.

Requitcola
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Exactly

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Three major DLC packs will be coming to “Titanfall.” Respawn Entertainment is planning to release a new expansion for the spring, summer and fall seasons. Each of the products will be priced at $9.99. However, players can save $5 by purchasing the season pass for the software product. By paying $24.99 up front, purchasers will be able to access all three of the DLC packs.

Source

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

Man I really love Origin. It's so great. Makes me want to uninstall steam because that's how good it is. Geez it must be @UPSLynx's fault. Just amazing. Now if only I had a Triple-A title to play with on it. That would really be the cat's meow or the bee's knees or etc.

MiracleManScolaUPSLynx
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

The scary thing about this video is that it's actually totally relevant with the sky maneuvering and shit.

UPSLynx
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited March 2014

So, thanks to folks being awesome while Shannon and I are going through some tough times with money, I obtained Titanfall for PC.

@UPSLynx finally got me to install Origin, slippery bastard. You win, Bobby.

It runs amazing, even on my semi-creaky rig, which is a huge relief. The control and game feel is amazing, and I'm LOVING every last bit of it. I'm also really surprised how engrossing the game is. That massive damn audio install certainly shows off it's worth at least- the game really knows how to get you into the spirit of things with it's detail and presentation, which surprises the hell out of me for a multiplayer-centric game. Folks put a lot of love into this thing.

Definitely going to be fighting in tites a lot more.

Zanthian
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian

So I have the Tites, but I need to double my bits. Game requires 64bit Windows and I have the 32s :(

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

I have the Tites and loving every moment of the game. Two things I found out: 1. my PC needs a new graphics card looks at wallet with a sad face 2. my laptop aka workstation is the only thing that can run it. I just don't have the space in my room to play it on...

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

IlriyascolaGnomeQueen
    edited March 2014

Some notes from my first session (solo):
    1. I suck at this game, but it's still fun.
    2. Sure is pretty.
    3. I realize I play at an odd resolution (6000x1920), but the HUD shouldn't be located off-screen like a 16x9 image was stretched to fit horizontally.
    4. Also weird flickering light problem.
    5. Add another notch to @UPSLynx's Origin bedpost.

PirateNinjamidga
  • @mertesn said:
    3. I realize I play at an odd resolution (6000x1920), but the HUD shouldn't be located off-screen like a 16x9 image was stretched to fit horizontally.

I have not seen a game yet get this one correct.

@TiberiusLazarus said:
    I have not seen a game yet get this one correct.

I'll try to remember to post some screenshots of games that did. TF2, Thief, Civ V, and Bioshock Infinite are the first ones that come to mind. Titanfall is the first modern game I've tried that didn't play nicely.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

Is anyone streaming this? I am really on the fence about this game.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2014

http://support.amd.com/en-us/recommended/eyefinity-software#k=

These games get it right. ;) Silver is "ready" and gold is "validated" on this chart.

BUY MY SHIT.

UPSLynxmidga
  • Notes from my first run:

• dlunk because of pony stream
    • overconfident
    • had a blast
    • thankful for patience of those who invited me
    midga
  • @Thrax said:

These games get it right. ;) Silver is "ready" and gold is "validated" on this chart.

BUY MY SHIT.

This is where I mention I gave up after trying a couple games and found no value from it :)

edited March 2014

Thief:

JBoogaloo
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

@Thrax said:

BUY MY SHIT.

For the love of all things data, why in the crap is that table not sortable or searchable? How are you supposed to find a game when the table is paginated, there is no discernible sort order, and you can't search the data? FFS, what is this, amateur hour?

_kErrorNullTurnipmidga
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    For the love of all things data, why in the crap is that table not sortable or searchable? How are you supposed to find a game when the table is paginated, there is no discernible sort order, and you can't search the data? FFS, what is this, amateur hour?

it is, kind of.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/recommended/eyefinity-software#k=%gameTitle%

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

You have to put in an exact title match though, which is lousy. Greedy search is pretty much a necessity. Also, you shouldn't have to edit the URL to search a table. I still call amateur hour.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    Would you mind passing on the feedback that you might get better results if you have a sortable, searchable data table? It is difficult to find a game on this table because it is paginated, the sort order doesn't seem to make sense to me, and I can't search through the data. Thank you for your time.

midga