Gearing up our new 90s

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

We have several people with new 90s (Thanks, WoD pre-order!)

We should start gearing them up with the guild. What is suggested minimum iLvl for Flex 1 again?

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

As much timeless gear as possible. Probably in the high 400s, with other geared people to make up for it. Spending time learning priorities/rotations is good too, since execution can make up for stats.

• LFR SOO requires a min of 490. I believe ~510-520 is a good base for Flex 1.

RyanFodder
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2014

RealTalk. RealKnowledge. RealJimmeh

I don't know why I didn't just say they need to have run through all the LFRs. You should pick up a few pieces by doing that, and can use bonus rolls there as well. People should be directed to @Thrax‌'s AMR post for guidance on where to spend time/bonus rolls.

RyanFodder
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

I might be able to join you all again real soon. This marking period at school is kicking my ass.

• That about covers where I thought this thread was heading at first glance.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I wasn't spending all my time over on my Horde mains trying to look awesome. I was also Horde-ing a bunch of appropriate BoA for my Monk. I'll have one spec geared when he's boosted and my other at about half.

I've been holding back cause I said I would level with Zealock, he hasn't been able to get on so I've had a conundrum for a bit and couldn't get my monk to 90 by this past weekend. However I have a spare druid from Perry's previous realm right around Zealock's level so I've transferred him to Kel'Thuzad and will be able to boost my Monk without guilt.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2014

How to gear for raids:

1. Grind Timeless Isle until ilvl 496
      1a. Kill Celestials every week on Timeless Isle
    2. Run Tier 15 LFR content until ~510
    3. Buy crafted pants/belt ASAP and start working on your legendary cloak
    4. Run Siege of Orgrimmar content until ~525
    5. Do Flex 1/2 until ~535
    6. Run Flex 3/4 until 540+
    JBoogalooRyanFodder
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

All of which is easier and more fun with friends, thus this post.

It's not so much about the how, it's about the "when do people want to help the new 90s".

• HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian

I strongly suggest Tuesday/Wednesday nights for LFRs. I can understand if our veteran 90s don't have enough bandwidth to go back through that content... ideally someone who boosted an Alt (and is interested in gearing them) could lead some of these efforts.