• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Cannonfodder can't hear you over the sound of his Texas

RyanFodder
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian

@Lincoln said:
    Cannonfodder can't hear you over the sound of his Texas

And what a big Texas it is too.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Lol how many attempts did that group take?

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

To be fair... we reformed after one more attempt, keeping the high dps and pugging new tanks and a healer. THAT group took three attempts... with people in heroic warforged gear and everything.

Garrosh is a dick.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I pugged three more times tonight, with 12 wipes between them. Finally, I got booted from the third group along with four others in a fit of rage.

Dis boss.

• HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian

Hydrar has 60 10N attempts now and 2 kills (granted many of those attempts were with undergeared people earlier in 5.4). Loxo got his first 10N kill this week.

DPS required from my experience for a kill... no more than 3 wheels in P1, and he should be around 80% health after first other-realm phase is complete. Rest of the fight is execution / dealing with mind-controls.

A strat that worked well last time I tried him... during empowered WWs, two markers were placed on the ground on the side of the room, and "light spread" was called for between the 2 markers.

Garrosh is a bitch. I've pugged on a guild raid once... 1-shot every boss to Garrosh and wiped on him 8x only getting him below 5% once.

Great end-game boss, imo.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I played with a group last night that had a bit different strategy from what IC does, and it seems like it could work. During phase 1, everybody stacked on tank, and when desecrated weapons came, all DPS targeted weapon and nearly insta-gibbed it, which kept the focus on Garrosh damage rather than ranged DPS playing ping-pong back and forth between weapons and markers. Also, during P2, all raid stacked on tank during MC phase, which mitigated MC problems (things that have been wiping most IC attempts).

• We've talked about doing the stacking strat before (even attempted it once or twice I believe). The problem had always been that it requires super strong deeps or else it taxes the healers beyond capacity.

Now that we've got some more deeps geared it may be worth another chance.

RyanFodder
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited April 2014

To clarify @TiberiusLazarus 's point, our heal team is a bit AoE weak - both of us have AoE, but specialize in single-target healing. The stacking strategy relies on AoE healing.

But that's beside the real point: IMO what kills the raid is slow (or no) switching to mind controlled targets OR the tanks getting backhit by mobs phase 1. Using the stack strategy solves neither of these. The problems it solves (lol we have too low dps on phase 1, or lol my ranged dps don't remember to kill the weapon, they need to be reminded by having a big puddle under them) are problems that are indicative of MUCH greater issues that will cause you to fail down the line anyway.

Frankly, I'd rather use the ping-pong strategy, because success in the stack strategy has the potential to hide innate raider issues that will wipe you farther down the fight, when you've already invested significant time.

TiberiusLazarusThrax
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Agreed with all of Dan's points. The stack strategy offers nothing for our raid.

Our problem is slow DPS. Everything should ameliorate itself once that is fixed.

• HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian

I've only ever seen the stack method work well in Flex or 3 healer situations. I'd be happy to heal with Hydrar if ever needed... I get very respectable AoE heals in that fight.

However, I agree with Thrax that the strat won't help us (however, I wouldn't use the word ameliorate, as I only have $5 on me and that's a $10 word).

RahnalH102