Xilinx issues

ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Science & Tech
Long shot but here goes...

I built up 2 custom nForce2 rigs at work, for the purpose of code crunching with National Instruments "code composer". A job they do with great esteem. However...

Installing an FPGA tool called "xilinx" causes the normally stable 8RGA+ systems to crash with no return. Install, reboot and I receieve a "xmode exception" BSOD. Windows 2K (SP3 + SP4 respectively) being the OS of corporate choice.

On the KT400 systems, this error does not appear. Xilinx installs without a hitch.

I've checked with xilinx and they claim it is NOT their software. I have had no issue with any other machine running this EXCEPT the nForce2 systems. It nuked my NF7-S desktop @ work, just the same. That is running Windows XP SP1.

What driver does anyone here think might be the cause? I've tried non-service pack and patched systems. No avail. Installing the nVidia drivers causes the machines to go south. No second chance. Also, even more disturbingly.. a full reinstall is the only fix and Windows MUST full format the partitions. Formatting with partition magic does not work. At install, the drives are an "unknown or corrupt" file system.

Help?

Comments

• BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Xilinx is a fun tool but it's got way to many bugs. Is it crashing when you install Xilinx or when you try and run it for the first time?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    IDE Drivers? Maybe a diffrent bios version...?
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    BLuKnight said
    Xilinx is a fun tool but it's got way to many bugs. Is it crashing when you install Xilinx or when you try and run it for the first time?

Install :(

Once it has finished the install, it requires a reboot. It's then that the machine dies. BSOD.

This doesn't happen on the VIA KT333/400 boards here though, only on the nForce2 chipsets.

BH. You could be right. What if it's the buggy IDE driver?!