Loot 'n' shit

MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von PuttenhamCalifornia Icrontian

Regardless of whether we use a fancy loot matrix or whatever, if you can take a few seconds to fill this out for your character, it'd help. It's a spreadsheet that we can refer to to figure out who needs what boss. baws.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r0pgW08j30eJbpnj7hqHOSvY8TxvRAOUmzEEyihjPJI/edit?usp=sharing

JBoogaloomidgaRyanFodderRyder

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Not sure what you want here Dan. My guess is that you want me to put the item level of what I am wearing and only fill in the bosses that have an upgrade for that, in normal. Yes?

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

1) go to AMR, select BIS for your character

2) find upgrades you need (i did mine for when we get to heroics as well, because well, i'm optimistic)

3) fill in the ilvl of the gear you'd be replacing for that boss in the spreadsheet so we know what you need

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

^ @CannonFodder‌ has outlined it pretty well. What you've done is perfect, I can work with that. Thanks!

Also, looks like Solira got trash for drops in 10m...

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2014

@Myrmidon said:
    ^ CannonFodder‌ has outlined it pretty well. What you've done is perfect, I can work with that. Thanks!

Also, looks like Solira got trash for drops in 10m...

5 weeks of 10N, only got chest from Sha, have never made it past Shamans.

//EDIT: To put a fine point on it, I've only seen three drops that are even usable by me. I won the chest, lost the roll on the second, and the third was a downgrade for my Flex gear.. Everything else has been plate/cloth.

That you're doing the dps you're doing in flex gear gives me the fears.

RyanFodderThrax
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2014

@Myrmidon said:
    That you're doing the dps you're doing in flex gear gives me the fears.

such class knowledge
    many min max
    wow

primesuspectSazbean

I've legitimately never seen a google doc get LESS entropic when exposed to the masses. Good jorb, guize.

midga

Conditional formatting has flagged cell H15 as "need from heroics" for me. I actually need the tier helm from 10N normal, because it's better than my Warforged Ordos helm in the context of the other gear I'll be using.

• Hmm, fair. I had made the assumption that any replacements of a 553 or better item would need to come from a heroic run. Would seem this does not always hold true.

Yep, 2 pieces of Ordos gear that will/should be replaced by Tier for me as well (provided I get the other gear in the BIS list)

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Yeah, noticed that on my 553 stuff, too. Those are most definitely upgrades from 10N. I'm not even considering heroics until we start doing them.

I'm also not considering heroics until we start doing them. You're welcome to put what you need from heroics on the table, but right now I'm only using numbers below 553 (unupgraded, so below 561 upgraded)

Ugh... Warforged makes things difficult. If I exclude warforged, then BiS changes for 3 slots. It also changes which ring from which boss... blergh.

I think it's unreasonable to configure your BIS list around warforged, which is the rare variant of a rare drop. If it shows up, cool, you can run a best-in-bag check, but to depend on it for gear planning purposes seems statistically improbable.

@Thrax said:
    I think it's unreasonable to configure your BIS list around warforged, which is the rare variant of a rare drop. If it shows up, cool, you can run a best-in-bag check, but to depend on it for gear planning purposes seems statistically improbable.

Agreed agreed agreed. When a significant number of people have 553 gear such that it becomes useful to start selecting raiders based on warforged needs, we'll probably be running heroics. I definitely wouldn't plan around it... especially since it's a very small upgrade from a 553 anyway.

So what you are saying is that I should set it to ignore and plan my BIS around that. If I should get the item warforged, then change accordingly. Good, because that is what I did/planned on.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. That's what I did, too. :)

Do you also disable Ordos?
    Situation:
    If I have warforged disabled then a chest from Ordos is better than a 553 from Shamans. If I disable Ordos, then the "normal" chest from Shamans is back in play.

I have a feeling I should just have warforged and ordos disabled.

I leave Ordos enabled, since all of his gear drops just like any other boss I can do every week. That is, I have the same chance to get one of his items that I have with any other boss.

@Ryder said:
    Do you also disable Ordos?
    Situation:

I leave Ordos enabled, write down the things I need from him for BiS (because he doesn't suffer the reduced drop rate as @thrax mentions), but then I DISABLE ordos and check what new gear comes into play - better to have all the information. I'll then take it on a case-by-case basis. For example:

If Ordos drops a BiS ring and so do half the bosses in SoO, I probably will pass on SoO rings unless nobody else needs 'em - knowing that we'll all get geared up on SoO rings pretty fast, and I'll eventually get one from Ordos or another boss anyway.

If Ordos drops a BiS hands, I will definitely pass at Nazgrim - not only do I have a chance on hands from Ordos, but also from celestials and garrosh, without.

If Ordos drops a BiS neck, but only one boss in SoO also does, I will consider rolling on the SoO neck. I may still pass it if other people have a greater need, or if it's BiS for other folks.

Mostly, though, I don't find any of this should be too much an issue - I've been running ordos for freakin' ever, so I've got most of the pieces I need from him already (plus nobody else needs spellplate). You're a platey, so there's not a lot of competition for gear for you. It'll really be between you and aalonz for who rolls for what.

If Ordos says it's time to party, then I will always party hard.

If Ordos drops the bass, I'll roll, because the bass is always BiS.

If Ordos is giving attitude, I'll generally drop it like it's hot.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I filled it out with non-ordos, but am not sure how you guys know which piece will be dropping off that boss unless you just planned to have your own spreadsheet (I did this so I could have current, vs BIS vs ordos BIS next to each other) or use AMR live

@Tushon said:
    I filled it out with non-ordos, but am not sure how you guys know which piece will be dropping off that boss unless you just planned to have your own spreadsheet (I did this so I could have current, vs BIS vs ordos BIS next to each other) or use AMR live

I legitimately have no idea what you're asking.

Why not take Ordos into account for BIS? You have the same chance to get a piece of BIS loot off of him in a week that you do with any other boss from SoO. He's basically an SoO boss in another zone.

@Tushon said:

Well, we don't know what piece will be dropping, but that is the point of the spreadsheet.
    You fill out the item level of what you have now, not what you want. If you have a 540 trinket and Shamans drops your 553 BIS one, then put 540 under Shamans in the spreadsheet.
    This is just a way to rank who may sit out since only 2 pieces of loot drop at a time (plus your bonus if you have one).

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Ryder: thanks, that's what I was looking for and wasn't sure about but ended up assuming.

Ahem.... been a couple weeks.. update your loot on the spreadsheet folks!!

Actually yeah - if we're going back to farming content, please do.