VEM. Worth a try.

HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian
edited May 2014 in World of Warcraft

Haven't heard anyone talk about VEM in Mumble. It's "Voice Encounter Mods" an alternative for DBM.

For those of you who would rather hear "stand in the puddle" on Malk, or "interrupt in 3...2...1" (in a sexy female British voice) rather than DBM's "BEEEAAMP!" sound, it might be worth a try. It even draws lines on your screen to the Sha prisons (among other boss-specific alerts).

First time I tried it I had the sound so low I couldn't hear the voice. Once I got that figured out... it was quite useful. After running all of 10N on Hydrar this week, I think I might even prefer it to DBM.

It kinda replaces Dan telling you what to do over mumble. Granted, both are sexy voices, but I am going to recommend you try VEM over DBM for a week... (disable DBM - yes that sounds almost sacrilege) and try VEM for 5-6 bosses. It tells you when to use defensive abilities... and gives you a 3 second countdown for special boss abilities. Definitely not for everyone - but those against boss-mod crutches probably don't like DBM either.

I was introduced to it by a group of heroic raiders who swear by it. It has some settings/features that are clearly nicer than DBM, otherwise I think the biggest criticism would be that it is even more of a crutch (voice telling you what to do instead of just a loud beep and related text). My first question was "does it work with DBM pull timers?" and yes it does.

Available on Curse: "Voice Encounter Mods"

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Crutches help you walk and do things, when you'd otherwise fall down, bust your face open and roll around helplessly in pain. Seems like crutches are pretty sweet to me.

RyanFoddermidga
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Rule #65 of the internet: when you recommend an internet-based product, always provide a link for the lazy.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/dbm-voice-enhanced

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Gave it a try on Garrosh last night. I already prefer it to DBM, though some of the default alerts are unnecessary (e.g. "kill engineer now" is enabled by default).

• HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian

I found it far more useful on other fights than on Garrosh. Interested to see your take after a few more fights.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

But... then I'm obsolete...

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Myrmidon said:
    But... then I'm obsolete...

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
    ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

...does that make me an existing model? hair flip

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

@Myrmidon said:
    ...does that make me an existing model? hair flip

Hot.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Special cumming