5.4.8 Patch coming

RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Neato: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12673849748#1

Gear changes are coming! First, in Patch 5.4.8 (which is currently in testing on the PTR), all upgradable epic items introduced to the game in Patch 5.4 will be given the option to upgrade 2 more times for a grand total of 16 item levels. This change will be applied to all items found on the Timeless Isle and in Siege of Orgrimmar. For instance, if you have an item level 553 Greatsword of Pride’s Fall and its Upgrade Level is 2/2 making it item level 561, once the new patch goes live it will display 2/4 and allow you the opportunity to bump it up to item level 569. Whether you’re working on a newly boosted character or progressing through Siege of Orgrimmar, we hope this change will provide you with the extra punch you need to take down your foes.

Second, we are also adding a new token called Deeds of Valor which will cost 3000 Timeless Coins, and can be used to grant your character 100 Valor Points. Players who wish to purchase the new token can do so by visiting Mistweaver Ai on the Timeless Isle next to the Celestial Court. Keep in mind, these tokens won’t allow you to go above the current weekly cap on Valor, but they do provide you an extra option to gain the points you may need so you can upgrade your gear.

[update] Thanks everyone for your feedback, we will be bumping up the ilvl of all Garrosh Heirlooms by +8 in 5.4.8, since they are not upgradeable with Valor. The intent of the 5.4.8 VP upgrade change is to let people continue to progress, and we don’t want those who are using one of the Garrosh BoA weapons as their primary weapon to feel like they need to go get a brand new weapon due to this change.

midgaRyanFodder

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Time to farm valor. :/

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

BRING ON THE VALOR. I'm sure people have tons of timeless coins they can blow on Deeds of Valor.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Many people didn't use the isle though and then blew what they did have (or had to get more to complete) on the legendary quest.

I blew my timeless coins on chests to get loot I could gear up with.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

Did I hear scenario farm? Because I think I heard scenario farm.

midga

Old raids are also a great way to farm fast valor. I ran Mogushan Vaults or whatever the first MoP raid tier was in about 10 minutes and got 90 valor.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

As LFR? Or did you have a group?

• HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian

248,823 timeless coins here.

8000 valor after this patch

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Also the legendary questline will be a bit easier in the next patch overall. Double rep with Wrathion and increased drop chance for related boss drops.

LFR.

edited May 2014

Client reports v5.4.8 today. No patchnotes as yet.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Haha, oh poor RF ....

Garrosh Hellscream
    Increased berserk timer for Garrosh Hellscream to 25 minutes (up from 18 minutes) on Raid Finder difficulty.

Looks like they did some stuff that might fuck with a lot of add-ons (DBM included)

VEM seems to be working for me.. ran a dungeon. Haven't tried raids yet.

VEM is okay. Did Flex 1 and 2.

what was the outcome on valor?

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

@Hydrar said:
    248,823 timeless coins here.

What the... You can hit your valor cap pretty easily now. (8200 valor)