Expo 2014 Bike Tour - Street art tour part deux

2»

Comments

• SignalSignal Icrontian

Done.

• maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    edited June 2014

Done.

FYI: since you set yourself up as a vendor, we have to pay the Paypal overhead.

• @djmeph said:
    Bring clothes that you are OK with getting wet in.

This also means either do not bring electronics (cell phone, camera, etc) or bring a watertight container to keep them in. There were a few devices that got a bit waterlogged last year :)

Also, paid.

Signal
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Or a waterproof phone trolololol

• PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) Waifu Detroit, MI Icrontian

@djmeph said:

The total mileage is 14.5, and we will pace at around 8-10mph. We have plenty of time to finish the route, so there will be time for breaks and such. The total cycling time should be no more than 1.5 hours, which gives us about 30 minutes for breaks and stopping.

I have my doubts that we can cover all of this AND take breaks in 1.5 hours. I'd say this is closer to 2+hours with a group that's taking breaks/fuckin' around. just saying! ;P

djmeph

Norm, reality check: It's going to take way more than 1.5 hours.

Source: a decade of event planning experience

djmeph
  • @CrazyJoe said:
    GHoosdum said he has a bike that I can borrow so I will not need a bike.

RIP Ghoosdum's bike.

AnnesZanthian
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

Paid... and Water Proof (resistant really)... WIN!

• djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2014

@malia said:
    Done.

FYI: since you set yourself up as a vendor, we have to pay the Paypal overhead.

I used to do this with Google Checkout. But they've discontinued it. I don't like Paypal and I'm open to suggestions for something else.

@TroubleBaker said:
    I have my doubts that we can cover all of this AND take breaks in 1.5 hours. I'd say this is closer to 2+hours with a group that's taking breaks/fuckin' around. just saying! ;P

Agreed. I was going to use my discretion at Belle Isle as to whether or not we go around the entire island or cut it down to half.

• SignalSignal Icrontian
    edited June 2014

Didn't Google Wallet replace Checkout? Also, there's Dwolla

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@djmeph said:
    replacements

Square Cash is free, requires only an email and debit card and you can send/receive $250 without providing any info in a given week or up to $2500 by providing a nominal amount of information (last 4 of SSN, full name)

@Signal said:
    Didn't Google Wallet replace Checkout? Also, there's Dwolla

Google Wallet is for payments only, not for receiving payments. AFIK. I'll check out Dwolla.

@Tushon said:
    Square Cash is free, requires only an email and debit card and you can send/receive $250 without providing any info in a given week or up to $2500 by providing a nominal amount of information (last 4 of SSN, full name)

This is cool because I already have a Square account and it was easy to setup. If anyone wants to use Square Cash, pm me your email and I'll send you a request.

The forecast is calling for thunderstorms at 10am. I'm going to keep my eye on the weather report for changes.

Is there anyone else that wants to ride with us? We are now one bike short of the discount for bike rental.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

Would we still get the discounted price if everyone chipped in a couple dollars for a ghost bike?

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I was thinking of bringing a bike, but I can rent one instead. Sending cash bucks.

@Signal‌ We got three more riders now, we're all set.

The weather is looking a little bit better for tomorrow. I still expect there to be some showers, but no T-storms. Mostly cloudy, and there is a chance that it won't rain at all.

@FettBacon‌ just joined, I need to get all bike orders in by this afternoon. If there's anyone else that wants to go, let me know before 3pm. Thanks!

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

Didn't read thread.

Helmets this year people!!!!!! If all organized rides have a default rule for everyone wearing a helmet you should always wear one period.

Not all organized rides have a default rule for everyone wearing a helmet, not by a longshot.

• SignalSignal Icrontian
    edited June 2014

Are the helmets included in the price?

Edit: Just asked, helmets **are **included in bike rental.

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

I will be bringing my dry bag and a towel... JUST in case.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@QCH said:
    I will be bringing my dry bag and a towel... JUST in case.

Things could get wet.

Thanks, everyone! What a great ride! The best yet! The wheels are already turning on next year's ride.

Also, I think the bike tour is now officially a tradition. :-)

Signal