Gamify Your Life

One of my coworkers just introduced me to HabitRPG. It's a nifty site (and app) which turns forming good habits, or breaking bad ones, into a game... complete with RPG style leveling and rewards! Anyone else think we should start an Icrontic guild?

oni_delsPirateNinja

Comments

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Does it have badges or achievements? :D

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited May 2014

@GnomeQueen said:
    Does it have badges or achievements? :D

It doesn't seem to have badges/achievements yet (though lets be real, it's only a matter of time before it does). It does have the classic RPG equivalent though: equipment, pets and mounts. Also, public challenges.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    It doesn't seem to have badges/achievements yet (though lets be real, it's only a matter of time before it does). It does have the classic RPG equivalent though: equipment, pets and mounts. Also, public challenges.

Well, as soon as they add badges and achievements @Teramona‌ and I will be the most organized, proactive people around!

Teramona

I lied, there are achievements... but there are only a handful of them at the moment.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I feel like I'd like to give this a shot, but I want someone I trust to tell me that it's not buggy first. I'd hate to spend a bunch of time customizing my gamified life just to have it turn out that the mobile app eats batteries or something.

@CB said:
    I feel like I'd like to give this a shot, but I want someone I trust to tell me that it's not buggy first. I'd hate to spend a bunch of time customizing my gamified life just to have it turn out that the mobile app eats batteries or something.

Well, I've only used it for a day so far. The Android app is very simple, hasn't had a noticeable negative impact on my phone. In fact, I really don't think it even does anything in the background. It only syncs when you have it open. My only real gripe about it is that it won't cache any actions you do offline, so it only works if you have an active and working connection.

Also, you can do everything via the website if you don't like the app, which is a pretty well designed site IMO.

• This is awesome, I'm in to it. Who wants to get a guild going?

A guild could be nice. I don't have any gems to start one though.

Anyone doing this have some tasks they think the rest of us would find useful? Right now, one of mine is to transfer $1 into my savings account at the end of the day for every HP lost. It's a good motivator to keep from slacking off on the rest of my tasks.