Expo @ ICHQ: Rules of engagement 2014
What should I NEVER do in the Sullivan House during Expo?
- Use the pocket doors (leave them open, always)
- Use the front staircase after midnight (squeaks like mad)
- Use the dishwasher (pls just leave glasses on counter, not in sink)
- Be loud in the attic (resting-only zone)
- Feed the dogs or let Farnsworth escape
- Leave the house/garage unlocked
- Yell outside past midnight (neighbors)
- Go for a walk alone late at night (take a buddy)
- Consume liquor (beer, wine, & hard cider are fine)
- Drop your bags on the main floor (take to attic, pls)
Where should I set up my PC/Laptop before the LAN tables are ready?
The office or great room. Please don't use the pub. PCs can also be stored in the basement prior to LAN setup. You must wait for LAN setup to be entirely complete & announced before hooking up your computer in the LAN room.
Can I sleep in the house?
Yes, anyone may stay in the attic for any reason. If you cannot get to your hotel safely, please spend the night. We will have room for air mattresses. We also have a futon, 2 mattresses, 4 cots (max weight 200lbs), and 3 Sumos.
Can I shower at the house?
Yes, please occupy the bathroom for no more than 20 minutes because there is only 1. Clean towels are folded outside the bathroom. Please HANG YOUR TOWELS OUTSIDE THE BATHROOM and throw it down the laundry chute in the closet at the end.
What if I spill or break something?
Please tell Lincoln or Brian immediately. Spills need to be cleaned up quickly. Spare towels are in the broom closet in the back stairwell.
Can I do a load of laundry?
Yes, please let Lincoln know & remove your things promptly afterward. Avoid running the dryer in the evening (heat for LAN).
How does Michigan recycling work? (It's crazy)
- Order of precedence: Returnable (10 cent deposit), Recyclable, Garbage.
A RETURNABLE is any carbonated or alcoholic beverage container produced by a national or Michigan company. They are gathered separately.
Examples that ARE returnable: Pepsi, Bell's Oberon, Bud Light, Sam Adams, Short's Soft Parade
Examples of NOT returnable: Yuengling beer (out of state), Aquafina (not carbonated), Gatorade (not carbonated), New Glarus beer (out of state)
We RECYCLE all plastic, aluminum, glass, and unsoiled cardboard (NO TO-GO/PIZZA BOXES).
- The biggest thing you can do to help during Expo is change full trash, recycling, and returnable containers, while making sure things are ending up in the correct receptacle. Ask Lincoln if you're not sure, need to locate spare bags, etc.
Thanks from the ICHQ commune! .