Challenge Modes

MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von PuttenhamCalifornia Icrontian

Some asshole decided he needed the pally transmog set. That means gold challenge modes.

This is going to be hard - we're talking bring-your-own food, invisibility potions, flasks, watch videos beforehand and know the mechanics, know your defensive cooldowns and cc, and perform outside your normal role (tank a mob as a healer, use cooldowns to bring dps as a tank, drop extra healing as a dps). This is also going to be a wipefest - your gear is scaled down and you only have ~13 minutes to do the entire dungeon, so lots of starting over from the beginning after a fuckup a la Super Mario Brothers.

Anybody in? What are your schedules?

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I would do this, generally available in the evenings Eastern, some weekends.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

I also know kethark and sheep are in for this shit.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2014

I spent an evening giving these a shot once. They are extremely frustrating, but very fun, so make sure you're in the right mood for it. Definitely come into this with the understanding that we will be wiping dozens of times and starting over from the beginning. Each time we go in, though, we'll get further and it will be rewarding. Positive attitude is a must!

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

If I could get any time at home I'd totally be in for this...

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I would like to join. Learn it with you guys and get some kegs for my Monk then I can OQueue it for my priest. Personally I find that priest armor to be amazing.

Challenge mode armor sets also have special visual FX for when you use class defining abilites.

• MikQuattroMikQuattro Icrontian

I would very very much like to get this: warcraftmounts.com/mounts/emeraldpandarenphoenix.php

It's the reward for completing Challenge Conqueror: Silver, and in case anyone doesn't know, these are going away when the new expansion hits so if anyone else wants a shot, it needs to be soon.

I'm not sure if you guys already went through the challenges and got what you were aiming for, but if anyone wants to go after this mount, I'd love to join in.

We did not get what we were aiming for - we took about a day, and then that was it. I want Gold, myself - my tank transmog set looks like shit.

My hands are pretty full living right now and I don't have the willpower to individually contact people and schedule the thingy. If someone else wants to take it over, count me in if you need any roles filled - I'd love to run these, and you know I'll watch all the videos before arriving on scene.

I know it's tight for everyone at this time of year, we might have to wait until the end of summer. I was looking at the transmogs and they're pretty sweet!

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I want it all, and I want it delivered!

I'll organize this if need be. I've been thinking about organizing some other events to add some variety to the guild. Pokemon pet battle tournaments, old raid content for achieves and transmog, various mini-games, lore and treasure tours. Depends on if anyone is interested. There is plenty to do in this game and I know a good deal of it.

I would be up for any and all of that. It's easy for me as all of that is still new and exciting to me...;)

yup.

Hardest part, I find, is selecting people to go and to sit.

• CelshCelsh Member
    edited July 2014

I will go. I will show up. Just tell me when.

Edit: just to let you know they are probably taking these out when 6.0 comes out. (Unless they changed their minds)

edited July 2014

@Celsh said:
    I will go. I will show up. Just tell me when.

Edit: just to let you know they are probably taking these out when 6.0 comes out. (Unless they changed their minds)

From what I've seen/read so far I'm under the impression that the Pandaren CMs will be gone and the rewards from the new WoD CMs will be weapons. The titles associated with have the best time for a dungeon will also be gone. The armor and mounts are unknown. Likely still redeemable but otherwise cannot be earned.

• Three months to achieve the CM Silver for the mount. Just wanted to renew my desire and commitment to work on this, and would like to start sooner than wait till the last moment. For those interested, please let's get something going....

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Let's do these. We have enough people on every day to form a core challenge mode group. Who wants to?

DocFrazier

I is interested.

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

sounds fun when i'm not working on my 80.

cracks whip