CLCInfo (or how to do your rotation mostly automatically)

TushonTushon I'm scared, CoachAlexandria, VA Icrontian

So, there is a pretty cool addon that would take some effort to setup and since we are a crafty bunch, I wanted to see how much of this would be useful to others and if I could recruit some help understanding and implementing it. CLCinfo allows you to setup a series of checks about what the next best spell for your rotation in a little box among a bunch of other things. I've only just started playing with it and haven't even gotten what I believe are the default things working :) but see a lot of potential in helping new people learn their rotation. The biggest barrier is initial configuration and new classes that don't have existing code because it's all LUA script. I think this would be fun to learn for myself, but wanted to see if wider community wanted to help. We'd likely use some version control so we don't all step on each other, or not if that won't be a problem. I think I'll fiddle around and figure out the existing classes (i.e. it was originally designed for ret paladins and some other classes have fleshed out default things) and then put up a little tutorial.

The wiki link with some starter info and documentation
Curse link

Maybe bitbucket for source (if we have more than 5 people interested in actively working on this, I'll happily pay the monthly fee)

Myrmidon

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Some work on this stuff has also been published here but it hasn't been updated since 2012. Maybe a place to look for starter guidance though. Similar content is available in the files of the addon.

I will take this as a sign that it would not be embraced :) I haven't been able to do anything due to dead computer anyways.

For those who want something similar without effort, check out Bitten's Spellflash or your specific class sections on curse for mod's that help with rotation guidance (example for rogue's: SliceAdmiral or Assassin [or both]). Make sure it's not super old :)

• I've been using bitten's for a while now. Nice and simple. They also have links to wiki entries that explain the logic behind their system. Priority rankings, tracking buffs/debuffs, etc.

@TiberiusLazarus said:
    I've been using bitten's for a while now. Nice and simple. They also have links to wiki entries that explain the logic behind their system. Priority rankings, tracking buffs/debuffs, etc.

I think simple is the key here. I was hoping to make clcinfo more simple by community, but if Bitten's is already doing it, there's no point. Thanks for that vote/view.

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

I like pressing keys!! :)

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

On my 17 button mmo razer mouse..... (worth it)

• MikQuattroMikQuattro Icrontian

I use Bitten's also, I was amazed at how much my rotation changed after I started using it and how much better I got after some practice. Perhaps the best addon I downloaded...

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

@MikQuattro‌ Wait, it was Bitten all along? You disappeared for like, a month and some and then came back rolling deeps like it was no big deal. I thought you'd spent time in the Himalayas with an ancient WoW loremaster or something, honing your skills and becoming one with Azeroth.

No, it was the Andes, and the loremaster told me to use Bittens.....

TiberiusLazarusTushon

Who knew Andes were the secret to wow deeeeeeeps?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm