Deck Building

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited June 2014 in Gaming

Anyone into deck building games? I am currently into the DC deck building games and the Heroes Unite set. If so what do you play and what are you looking forward too
?

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I used to play Magic. I played Five Rings before that, and I had picked up the Marvel CCG at one point. I think my favorite was Pirates!, but my friends stopped playing, so I stopped collecting (It's the only CCG I didn't get rid of though. I still have all my cards just in case).

I still enjoy deck-building, but these days I prefer self-contained deck-building games, like Dominion.

• NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian

I read the title just after finishing the floor of a deck and thought you wanted to talk about treated lumber and railing designs.

RahnalH102
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

The self contained Decks are the way to go, The marvel Legendary deck is flat out monstrous. The DC sets are nice I am considering picking up Dominion next pay check

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2014

I used to play Magic as well, but as popularity of the game grew so did the cost of cards. When it got to the point that you had to spend $25-$100 per card for some cards (need 2-4 for a deck typically) I got out of playing constructed. I'll still do limited format tournaments.

Like CB, I enjoy the contained deck building games. Ascension is another good one. I have also really been enjoying Hearthstone.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

My roommate calls his genitalia his 'deck.' I hear there are some exercises you can do to build your deck...

oni_dels
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2014

I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh in my younger days, recently found my old deck, pretty solid play took down someone who almost won nationals (but then again he beat me 3 other times) with it (then again I don't run tourney spec like he does). Also need tp just keep telling myself NOT to get involved again.........annnnddddd then I do. However my one weakness seems to be Crystal Beasts, and Maiden with Eyes of Blue, if anyone has a Crystal killer or a good counter for the Maiden please let me know so I can find and impliment a copy.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

+1 for hearthstone. its free.

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

When you have a top-of-the-line hacking deck armed with a 56.6k modem and a staggering 256k RAM, it means just one thing: you answer only to the highest bidder.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Anyone want to play Overpower? Guys?

-Digi

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

I recently got into Dominion. I'm pretty terrible, but its a lot of fun.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

It's been an off-&-on hobby of mine. Started with the Pokemon TCG and grew out of that. Due to where I grew up, only the big mainstream games ever got out here. Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, etc. I mostly just collect now. My friends who kept this as a hobby got really into it, so it's no fun to play against them. My overall favorite is Duel Masters, a somewhat popular (in Japan) Japanese game. I like the mix of familiar mechanics and love the art style.

Also, yay for Hearthstone.

@BobbyDigi said:
    Anyone want to play Overpower? Guys?

-Digi

For the sake of discussion, what be this "Overpower"?

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Marvel Overpower was Marvel's attempt to compete with MTG during it's popularity in the 90s. Very different game play than MTG though.

I still have mine. Would post a link but am on my phone. Google will take you to their Wiki entry.

-Digi

RahnalH102
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

@MAGIC said:

Ascension is another good one.

I played this for the first time last week and it was a lot of fun. It was an easy transition from Dominion, and with a little more action.

I also played my first Netrunner game. I still cant decide how I feel about it. I love the concept and the cyber punk feel, but there's a lot to take in and keep track of.

shwaip
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Best Deck:

trooster89MAGICRahnalH102GnomeWizardd