RoboCraft - Build vehicles and then battle with them

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian

RoboCraft

Free-To-Play on Steam.

Group of us installing now. Looks like it's gunna be good.

-Digi

Linc

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

More info after playing for 4 hours last night...

You can make a little scout buggy

You can make a tank

You can even make flying machines with hover disks instead of wheels. You start out with three bays and three pre-built vehicles so you can get an idea of the balance of the vehicles, especially the flyers. Depending on the weight of your vehicle, it can be very easy to flip over and ruin your day.

The game mode only seems to be capture points with each teams base having one point with 4 levels to be captured. There are a couple different maps with different lanes with varying elevations.

You start out with infinite light armor blocks that you can build as small or as big of a monstrosity as you like. You attach a driver seat (required), some guns and/or satellites (both optional) and you are ready to roll. You can later unlock more advanced blocks, guns, shields and more on a skill tree.

The points used to buy blocks come very easily by playing the game and the only purchases that require the monetized points are cosmetics. The more you play, the beefier you can make your vehicle. You do have to repair your vehicle after each match (if you took any damage). I have yet to play a round where I did not get more than enough points to repair from the match. If you get some kills, assists, captures or do some damage then that multiplies your points.

The one con so far is for multiplayer groups. You start of with the ability to invite 2 other friends for a total of a 3 man squad. Going "premium" seems to be the only way to unlock another slot for a total of 4. While is a squad, the game will automatically put you into the same game with your squad members.

The game is in Steam Early Access so things might change and of coarse there is the possibility of the dreaded reset.

I would love to see what you guys can come up with and roll into battle with ya!

-Digi

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

We've discovered friend names are case sensitive and the game seems to crash a lot for a few individuals.

SDNiGHTS ingame

Pew Pew with a scout buggy and scamper away seems to be my favorite tactic so far.

BobbyDigi
  • Do you want to build a Robot? Come on let's go and play.

Creeperbane2UPSLynxBobbyDigi
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited July 2014

@TiberiusLazarus said:
    Do you want to build a Robot? Come on let's go and play.

This whole world really is a bore. There's so much here to slay!

Had a sweet run this AM over my coffee. This was the 3rd of 3 wins with no deaths, Tier 3.

-Digi

After creating what Jimmy dubbed a "plasma shotgun" of floating hover-death (7 tier1, 6 tier2, 3 tier 3) I've decided to try my hand at helium with some high altitude hit-and-run bombing.

It's infuriating.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2014

I know I"m like a 14 year old, and I may have had some whiskey that night, but this has somehow become a VERY efficient vehicle. I present to you, EADC:

From the side, totally unassuming and low profile:

From the top however, BEHOLD THE TRUTH!

8======D

PirateNinja

Was going to say it looks like a hotrod from pic 1. Pic 2 definitely still holds that to be true, though - just in a difference sense.

PirateNinja
    edited July 2014

@CannonFodder‌, @DontCallMeKelso‌ and I, Team "go Right" happened to come up against a couple of players that seemed familiar...

Completely by random, we didn't even plan starting our rounds at the same time, we were matched up against @Thrax‌, @NiGHTS‌ and @TiberiusLazarus‌.

Good times today Gentlemen. Thanks for the fun.

-Digi

UPSLynx
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

If you haven't used it already, 24hrs of Premium: PREMIUM-517845 (works)*

*from the steam library page with the news stuffs

BobbyDigi
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

installing now....

BobbyDigi
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian

This game friggin rules. Ingame name: UPSWeezer

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited July 2014

new registration code:
    STEAMLAUNCH-1000RP

oh yeah, my name:
    hammerck

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

Dickbots

UPSLynx
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian

Ok, how do I robots? E_N_Turnip

@DontCallMeKelso said:
    New 24hr premium code:PREMIUM-781123

Code is only good until Aug 3rd so use it soon!

-Digi

Tier 5 w/ Premium

I don't even

-Digi

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Code is expired even though it's not the 3rd yet.

Ran a few rounds after I rebuilt my level 5 Plasma Tank. Couple notes:

There are chopper blades, skis and healing guns now.

They removed the end of round cost to rebuild your vehicle.

There is a Hero bonus now when you help your team by getting kills or capping the point. I believe this was a thing when we were playing before but it calculates separately now and is easier to understand.

Everyone gets a 5% bonus per premium player playing in the entire match, your team or not.

An announcer voice now announces what kind of vehicle is spotted by your radar. Telling you the type of weapon and movement (flyer, walker, etc.)

A sound is played when a player in the match is eliminated. Unfortunately it is the same sound whether it is your team or not. This is a bit annoying to me as the sound used is the same one that used to play only when you got a kill.

-Digi

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian

I've been playing this a bit - pretty good!! IGN: geeklimit

BobbyDigi
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Two codes now:

SERVERS-156537
    MEGABOTS-607024

They add: I have 2 days of premium :)

I can't figure out how to use these codes. :)

...but I finally got to T4 last night.

Hit escape, in that menu there is a "Enter Code" function :)

@TiberiusLazarus @cola and I have started a dual medic team in T6. Its a BLAST.

the_technocrat

Boss battles can be pretty lucrative, here is my highest payout in recent memory:

-Digi

edited March 2015

Grats! I shall now have to go back to T6.