display mode

DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian

I have a problem I try to boot a pc and I get this message " Cannot Display This Video Mode " The motherboard is a gigabyte motherboard ga-ma770-ds3
Video card is nvidia geforce mx4000 OS is win7

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2014

NVidia Control Panel>Change Resolution

Do you have a setting that says "Hide modes your monitor cannot display"? If so, check that box.

Then try a lower resolution and hertz if applicable.

Signal
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

@csimon said:

Do you have a setting that says "Hide modes your monitor cannot display"? If so, check that box.

Then try a lower resolution and hertz if applicable.

This. You may have to boot to safe mode and uninstall your display adapter. Then reboot in regular mode and reinstall the driver.

• DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian

problem it don't boot into windows to change anything I see the start up screens and when windows should start I get that message and same thing happens when I try to boot in safe mode

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Probably a dead GPU that can't get out of 800x600 (BIOS resolution).

ok was told to do this and it worked can boot all the way into windows. Ok, I was told to go into CMOS
    and scroll to init display and change it from PCI Slot to Peg. Now is this going to cause problems down the road?

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian

Are you definitely plugged into the video card and not the motherboard? Sorry, but it has to be asked.

yep in the video card the motherboard don't have a plug you have to use a video card
    and I have it plugged in the first PCI Card slot