What are you listening to?

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    What am I listening to? Currently... the SModcast... and I'm loling my ass off. Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier are funny, funny people.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Frantic - Metallica
    Sanatarium - Metallica
    Know the Enemy - Green Day
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Stephen Lynch - Three Balloons Album
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    National Public Radio - Diane Rehm Show

Seriously, I listen to NPR on a near constant basis. Music is reserved for parties and driving (unless I am going to school, then I listen to NPR on the drive).
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited July 2009
    ardichoke wrote:
    What am I listening to? Currently... the SModcast... and I'm loling my ass off. Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier are funny, funny people.

Those guys are nuts, I listened to the episode where they talked about glass ass and bifurcated cocks and, well, that was just jacked up.

Right now I just finished listening to a very nerdy sci-fi book based on a video game and now I'm catching up on my podcasts, love me some LifeZero and This American Life!
  • racerace Tejas
    edited July 2009
    Far, Regina Spektor
    edited July 2009
    I love Regina Spektor, good call!
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Dream Theater - Black Clouds And Silver Linings
    edited July 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    Those guys are nuts, I listened to the episode where they talked about glass ass and bifurcated cocks and, well, that was just jacked up.

Right now I just finished listening to a very nerdy sci-fi book based on a video game and now I'm catching up on my podcasts, love me some LifeZero and This American Life!
    Well... what did you expect, we are talking about Kevin Smith who made his fortune off of witty dialogue and dick and fart jokes.

Right now I'm catching up on my podcasts as well as some Revision 3 shows.
    edited July 2009
    Ha, well, I didn't know who Kevin Smith was though upon reviewing his Wikipedia I know his movies, though I've only seen one of them so I wasn't really expecting anything.
  • wahaywahay Cincinnati, OH Member
    edited July 2009
    Cancer - Mansun
    edited July 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    Ha, well, I didn't know who Kevin Smith was though upon reviewing his Wikipedia I know his movies, though I've only seen one of them so I wasn't really expecting anything.

You, sir, fail at life.
    edited July 2009
    wutadick
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
    edited July 2009
    Kings of Leon - Only by the Night Album
    edited July 2009
    Muse - Stockholm Syndrome

Quite possibly the best band together right now.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Cry for Eternity - Dragonforce

Seriously, if you like guitar solos...listen to this song
    edited July 2009
    Dog Problems - The Format
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited July 2009
    Blitzen Trapper - Wild Mountain Nation
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Oh hai thread. I've missed the last couple dozen pages.

I'm listening to classic soul and funk wherever I can find it on Shoutcast. Tough to find good stations that don't also play modern R&B.
    pigflipper wrote:
    National Public Radio - Diane Rehm Show

Seriously, I listen to NPR on a near constant basis. Music is reserved for parties and driving (unless I am going to school, then I listen to NPR on the drive).

I also <3 NPR. We've got a couple of good stations here in CBus. I can't really listen to news or talk while I'm trying to work, but both play music midday.
    edited July 2009
    Ah yes... NPR is good stuff. All things considered, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, etc. I also enjoy Air America Radio from time to time at work.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Syntax - Pride
    Enigma - The Dusted Variations
    La Roux - Bulletproof (Foamo Remix)
    edited July 2009
    I try to listen to NPR when I can, but it's just not what it used to be, lost to much funding I think.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Koreish wrote:
    I try to listen to NPR when I can, but it's just not what it used to be, lost to much funding I think.

DONATE MOAR.
    edited July 2009
    Jimmy Buffett - Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season
    edited July 2009
    Southern City Polpota - Legend of Mana
    Koreish wrote:
    I'm not sure I understand, as I've been listening to it for years and I can't see a drop in content, especially with how much I get from all they offer.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    This on loop for like 4 days now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xnzlt8CNCE. I can't stop. halp
    edited July 2009
    I love, love, love This American Life and Radio Lab and I enjoy Planet Money as well. This American Life get's the most intimate sincere conversations I have ever heard and there's been a couple of episodes that have had me close to tears, the No Map episode recently was with the piece about the international adoptions, heart breaking.

Hahaha, Pandora's playing as as I type this Muse's Stockholm Syndrome came back around.
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited July 2009
    My father and I used to listen to NPR during the pre-college days, so I've enjoyed it greatly since then. This American Life is boss.

I just wish NPR wasn't publicly funded.
    edited July 2009
    Canti wrote:
    This on loop for like 4 days now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xnzlt8CNCE. I can't stop. halp

I got about 2min into it and I knew if I listened to more I'd be having it on repeat too.