League of Legends World Championship 2014

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited September 2014 in Gaming

The League of Legends World Championship 2014, lovingly know as Worlds, will be October 3rd, 11th and 19th.

Into | News | 35 page Rule PDF

Schedule - Including a rebroadcast of the Group finals leading up to Worlds. The NA group finals (3rd place and 1st place matches) can be watched on Youtube here.

Riot is putting out a video series documenting some of the teams leading up to the championship called "Road to Worlds"

Part 1: The Beginning
Part 2: The Next Level
Part 3: The Road to Seoul

I've found that I really enjoy watching top players play. Some of the moves and combos are amazing. Anyone else excited about Worlds this year?

-Digi

RyanFodder

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

Alliance. QED.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Road to Worlds Part 2: The Next Level

Follows a few players through Season 3 to Worlds 2013.

-Digi

Road to worlds Part 3: The Road to Seoul

Also... It begins!

-Digi

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

DP Vs. AHQ in Group stage right now. Pretty awesome game so far, only 10 mins in.

This game....

If you don't have the 70 minutes to watch the entire game, jump to about 1:30:00 to watch the last 5 minutes. Closest. Finish. Ever.

-Digi

UPSLynx
    edited October 2014

My favorite moment from last weekend's semifinals

Spoiler Warning

Time + embed doesn't work. Jump to just before the 20:00 mark.

@CannonFodder‌ @cola‌ Surprise! I was stoked when Fiddle got picked. Watching him party all over was a pleasure.

Also the Final is this Sunday Morning at 1:30AM Pacific / 4:30AM Eastern.

Anyone else planning on watching them live? I am on the fence about planning my night around it or just watching them Sunday morning. If I have Icrontians to watch with, will plan to be up at 1AM for sure.

-Digi

cola
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

I might be able to get up for it

Or perhaps if Sunday morning is better for a handful of peeps we can setup a Stream to watch the games together.

-Digi

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Did I win

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

You won Jackie :D

If we set something up for sunday, I'm free all day so whatever happens is cool with me

GnomeQueen
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

1.6M+ concurrent Chinese viewers to see the SHR/OMG match take place... incredible

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Stuff like this makes me want to learn and play. I could watch it forever. But I think most of it is actually the announcing.

There have actually been some really interesting "sneaky" vids of casters being recorded during key moments in games. So much interest, in fact, that RIOT actually did a special teaser on it to explain what's going on:

This might have been linked elsewhere, but the excitement at the end of this game was nuts and I ended up screaming with them:

The end of the famed OMG/FNC game (which Joe "Don't Call Me Joe Miller" Miller) is referring to when he says he's jumping up and down:

Not to mention that the All-Star casters did a superb job in France, particularly getting an entire crowd to chant This, Is, Sparta! and the A-OHHH's every time the champion Pantheon was selected.

The third video is one of the referenced "Reddit videos". The guys channel is here and there is a handful of behind the scenes shoutcasting live videos.

Yeah... I am too damn excited for this to wait 'til Sunday "morning". I'm going to be awake at 1:30am Sunday to watch the final live.

-Digi

The World Championship 2014 Summoner Icon is 1 IP in the shop currently. Grab it.

-Digi

ESPN and Riot Games have agreed to distribute the League of Legends World Championship final between Samsung White and Star Horn Royal Club live from South Korea on ESPN3 on Sunday, Oct. 19 at 2:30 a.m. (late Saturday at 11:30 p.m. PT). ESPN will also integrate video highlights from the competition across its digital platforms. The World Championship will be taking place in front of a sold-out audience of 40,000 fans at the Seoul World Cup Stadium. Imagine Dragons will also be performing live with their hit new song “Warriors.”

ESPN3 is accessible online at WatchESPN.com, on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app and streamed on televisions through Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The network is currently available to 95 million homes at no additional cost to fans who receive their high-speed Internet connection or video subscription from an affiliated service provider.

Source

-Digi

RyanFodder

Can I assume it'll be on the Riot Games Twitch as well?

edited October 2014

Yes, as well as YouTube (which I typically get better performance from and allows you to skip around)

YouTube wouldn't be live, right?

edited October 2014

Youtube is live, though I believe they are technically delayed when compared to the Twitch stream. It's always been more stable for me, so I've never minded. It's as live as can be from across the globe.

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

@NiGHTS said:
    Youtube is live, though I believe they are technically delayed when compared to the Twitch stream. It's always been more stable for me, so I've never minded. It's as live as can be from across the globe.

I agree with you on stability. YouTube has always been better than Twitch for me.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I'll gladly hop in mumble and watch it the 19th if I'm up late enough. (LOL)

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2014

@Snarkasm said:
    YouTube wouldn't be live, right?

Youtube has live(ish) streams. Welcome to the future. Sometimes still blows my mind how good the quality si compared to the early days.

ps i feel old now

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

That was pretty mind-blowing.

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

Those last couple games were amazing

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Bah I thought it was tonight, ah well.

Spoiler free way in case anyone needs it:

Go to LOLESports.com
    Click on VODs
    Click round you want to watch
    They always show links for 5 games
    Watch in order

-Digi

RyanFodder