Battlefield 3 Cool Moment

HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

PROLOGUE: I used to play battlefield 3 on my Xbox a lot. I have never been a great FPS player, but I utilize strategy to overcome that, which is why my friends still played with me. I have a very fond memory of one such situation. This is that story.

SETUP: The game was squad rush, the map was Seine Crossing, and I was playing with two friends and a random. DJNBoy was Assault, FLYNBABYSTBR was Recon, RANDOM was Support, and I was Engineer. My squad was on the second MCOMM Station and we had had no luck in getting to the MCOMM. The opposing squad had all avenues covered and we had expended most of our tickets attempting every entry point. No bones. Three of their squad were covering every entry point except for one long street with little cover, which was being covered by an awesome sniper. We knew we had only one more chance at taking the MCOMM and victory seemed unlikely ...

THE PLAN: Once we had regrouped after attempting the final entry point, we paused to talk about our situation. It was unanimously decided that the sniper was our best entry point, though casualties were expected, and we knew we would have to move quickly(no time to be recovering). As we moved towards our target, I came up with a plan...

Me: "RANDOM! When we hit the street I need you to lay down nonstop suppressing fire, and DO NOT stop moving across the street while you fire. BABYSTBR! When I say 'go!' you jump out from behind the corner and take out that sniper. I'll stay back to recover RANDOM, and DJNBOY will cover our rear. Everyone got it??"
Squad: "Good."

EXECUTION: We hit that corner and everyone hit their mark. RANDOM started strafing across the street unloading his LMG towards the sniper, blurring the snipers screen, making FLYNBABYSTBR's job possible. I yelled "GO" and FLYNBABYSTBR jumped out and took out the sniper just an instant after RANDOM fell.
BABYSTBR: "Clear"

DJNBoy and BABYSTBR started moving towards the objective, I recovered RANDOM and we followed just behind, and we all hit the objective room. The whole maneuver took about 4 seconds, and then we were able to take the other 3 by surprise.

We blew the MCOMM and won the game.

RyanFodderSignalgeorgeh

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Squad play is by and large the BEST aspect of that game / series. So good :)

Here is a video of our tank squad - source of the infamous: "Jimmy take the wheel!"

Signal
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

not my moment, but a hilarious gameplay video by the makers of Battlefield Fiends

Signal