2015 Icrontic Events

Comments

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

have you started on yours yet?

midga
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

One could say it's already prepared.

midga
  • Halloween Party? Secret costumes!?! In!!!

midga
  • georgehgeorgeh Canton, MI Icrontian

I've never been to an IC event so I'm going to make some assumptions about the ICWB:

• It's at the house in Detroit
    • It's a LAN party
    • It's BYOB
    • All members are invited

Can someone confirm those? Is there an RSVP? Should I bring food? What games are being played (guessing TF2)? Is there somewhere else I should be looking for answers to this and other burning questions?

My regular January LAN party looks like it's cancelled, so I suspect I'll be jonesing for some gaming.

midga
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited December 2014

@georgeh said:
    I've never been to an IC event so I'm going to make some assumptions about the ICWB:

• It's at the house in Detroit

Yup

• It's a LAN party

No, it's a board game party on Sunday night. While anyone is usually free to bring a computer to play games on to any event, there will really be no LAN gaming going on.

• It's BYOB

Yes. There's a beer fridge, and usually everyone is expected to contribute something to it in return for taking things. IE, you bring beer, then you can drink the other beer that's in there (unless it's marked). There's also usually some liquor laying around; if you want wine or something specific, you should bring it yourself. There are no hard and fast rules about booze consumption-- basically, just don't be an asshole. Don't bring a six pack of keystone and then drink 30 microbrews-- don't drink something labeled-- don't consume a bottle of the house's Bulleit.

• All members are invited

Yup.

Can someone confirm those? Is there an RSVP? Should I bring food? What games are being played (guessing TF2)? Is there somewhere else I should be looking for answers to this and other burning questions?

Sometimes @Lincoln makes a FB event that you can RSVP to, but generally no, you don't have to RSVP. You can bring food if you'd like-- there are sometimes snacks someone brings, or the group goes out to dinner, or pizza is ordered.

The games are usually board games; Catan, Ticket to Ride, Vegas Showdown, and Dominion are all played regularly, but anything is a possibility.

georgehLincGHoosdumBobbyDigimidga
  • georgehgeorgeh Canton, MI Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    No, it's a board game party on Sunday night. While anyone is usually free to bring a computer to play games on to any event, there will really be no LAN gaming going on.

I'm glad I stated my assumptions for others to poke holes in. Thanks for the clarification!

midga
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

ICHQ decree: Drink mixing must henceforth happen in the kitchen.

midgapigflipper

Oh god. What happened.

colamidga

@Thrax said:
    Oh god. What happened.

Pineapple juice.

midgaoni_dels
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

@Linc said:
    Pineapple juice.

The more popular but also more slovenly brother of Beetlejuice.

Koreishmidgaoni_dels

JetBlue is a adding a Detroit->Ft Lauderdale non-route for 2015, and Spirit is adding a Detroit->Boston non-stop route. http://www.freep.com/story/travel/2015/01/08/jetblue-adds-detroit-ft-lauderdale-flights/21441859/

GnomeQueencola
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

And for affiliate link purposes: http://www.jetblue.com/ ;)

• maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    And for affiliate link purposes: http://www.jetblue.com/ ;)

Do you have one for delta?

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@pigflipper There is a Javascript widget that turns normal links into affiliate links on Icrontic, so it's not Brian being a smartass, any link from the forum really does work. :)

Winterblast today!

Thrax
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

@Linc said:
    ♥ Icrontic VD

lol. VD.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@trooster89 said:

Sorry I thought I was clean :(

RyanFodder
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

i think i'd be up for ICOK. I'll be done with school and hopefully i wont be broke for a change.

plus, i love costume party. and beer. beers. mostly beers. but costume too.

• ICSP, anymore information available? :-)

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

@vaderisahottie good point! I've updated the OP in the ICSP discussion to give details.

vaderisahottie
  • @Linc said:
    vaderisahottie good point! I've updated the OP in the ICSP discussion to give details.

Thank you! I'm interested and just wanted to know more. Hopefully, I will be up there that weekend.

Firmed up dates for ICCL to 10-11 April. But really, any weekend in April / early May we'll be working on the house if you have time to lend a hand on a Sat or Sun afternoon.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Linc said:
    Firmed up dates for ICCL to 10-11 April. But really, any weekend in April / early May we'll be working on the house if you have time to lend a hand on a Sat or Sun afternoon.

Thank you you are pretty <3

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

im s> @Linc said:

thats my birthday, but ill likely help out some other weekend

Meatfeast (Memorial Day BBQ) is moving from Sunday, May 24 to Saturday, May 23 to accommodate me leaving for a trip Sunday morning.

Now that EPIC has, sadly, drawn to a close: a bump to the 2015 schedule, so Icrontians can plan their next trip! ICOK and ICNY are the next "big" events.