STATE OF THE GUILD

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

Yesterday's raid was a fitting end to Siege of Orgrimmar with Icrontic. We raided Mythic SoO up to Iron Juggernaut and not only had a blast, but also introduced a whole slew of new people to Mythic raiding and got some people some really huge gear upgrades.

THE STATE OF THE GUILD

A year ago, Myrmidon put out the call to action and started gettin' the band back together. In one year we went from 5-6 casual "sure I'll try WoW again" to a full-blown Mythic raiding group in under a year. Not only did we bring experienced players back into the fold, but also created a bunch of brand new high-end raiders from scratch. We tried a few times before to get a true raiding guild together but after the original Icrontic guild went stagnant during Cataclysm, it never really happened. This time around, it did happen.

The IC guild is growing, and the growth is good. Like what happened back in 2008 with TF2, the game has brought a whole group of new people into the Icrontic Life™. To me, this is more exciting than anything that's been happening in-game. Yes, we're now a serious raiding guild who will be doing current progression content as soon as it becomes available, but more importantly we're doing that while maintaining the spirit of what makes Icrontic so special. We're introducing people to the awesomesauce that is this community. I can't tell you how many times in the last 2-3 months I've watched and listened, nodding sagely as people's eyes begin to open to what we're really all about and what a phenomenal group of people they've discovered. It's always a joy to watch the discovery process and see people finally get what makes Icrontic so special.

With growth comes challenges, always. Complexities such as scheduling, timeliness, and in-game morale do exist and managing those things has started to become necessary. Yes, we've gotten more serious about committing to raid times and readiness, but the good thing about this community is that there's a place for everyone—from those who enjoy that structure and realize that it results in some amazingly good times, to those who want to use the game as a social gathering place.

RECRUITING

A few months ago I started a serious recruiting push, both in-game and in social media (Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, etc.). The outreach has been slow but steady and has resulted in some great new additions to the community. I'm happy with the pace; I'd rather slowly introduce new people and make sure they're awesome people and also happy here rather than throwing a bunch of darts at the wall and seeing what sticks.

The awesome news is that Icrontians have been recruiting their friends as well; Celsh, Aalonz, Cyclonite, and Charity (for example) have all helped the guild grow recently, and this push is directly related to our ability to run Mythic content. It is very much appreciated, and I will be creating a new badge for referring someone to the IC guild in WoW soon.

RAIDING

We have a few weeks off of progression raiding as WoD hits this week, and we will take the time to relax, regroup, and get re-energized about raiding. This is the time to enjoy the new content, explore a new world, and do fun guild stuff that we haven't gotten to do in a while, like dungeons. That said, old content raids are still possible and very likely as several people have expressed continued interest in running old content for mounts and achievements.

If you are NOT on the Icrontic raid calendar mailing list, please send me your email address via PM. We use Google Calendar to coordinate the raid and other event invites, and if you're not using this, you're missing out on guild activity. As always, we REALLY appreciate RSVPs (yes or no) to event invites. It helps the raid planners tremendously when we have a good grasp of who is coming to what. It also saves everybody time when raids begin so that we're not dealing with last minute "Oh, sorry I forgot to tell you I'd be here"s.

THE FUTURE

The future is looking very bright for the guild. We will almost certainly have a core of Mythic-level raiders and if recruiting continues the way it has been going, we may have multiple progression raids going at some point this expansion. The most important part is that people are discovering the magic of Icrontic through World of Warcraft, and this is a Very Good Thing™

See you soon, Draenor!

CelshTushonRyanFodderCycloniteChoochHeroRahnalH102MikQuattro

Comments