Where are the NB and SB on an A7N8X Deluxe?

GobdGobd Seattle, WA
edited July 2003 in Hardware
Where are the NB and SB on an A7N8X Deluxe? Is the NB the one with the big silver heatsink on it? I want to make sure i know before i get mine in the mail :) I also got some active cooling fot the NB and passive cooling for the SB so i want to make sure that i get them on the right places. Also, where does it say what rev your board is?

13-131-436-06.JPG

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    The NB is indeed the one with the big silver heatsink. The southbridge is the one that says "nVidia MCP-T" on it... if you rotate your photo 90 degrees CCW, it would be the first chip south of the RAM slots.
  • GobdGobd Seattle, WA
    edited July 2003
    Thanks much for the quick reply! I'm hoping that the passive heatsink on the SB will fix the cracking sound issues, i've heard from some people that it helps a lot.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    No problem... and post back here how it goes, I've got the same motherboard, so I'm interested in your results.
    Sorry I don't know where the revision is listed tho.
  • GobdGobd Seattle, WA
    edited July 2003
    I'm getting home from vacation late on sunday the 6th, so i probably won't get a chance to install everything untill the 7th. I'll come back here and post what i think of the board once i get it installed!

Where is the revision on that board located?
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited July 2003
    The revision should be on the motherboard box, or a sticker somewhere on the board itself.