Big monitors

2»

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

The point of G-Sync and FreeSync is that the framerates don't matter anymore. With a DRR technology, 30 is indistinguishable from 60.

That said, a single large monitor is no replacement for multi-monitor. If you're a multi-monitor person, heaven is a huge central monitor and smaller side panels.

Cliff_ForsterHydrar
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

Anything larger than 28" available in 4k and gsync? I can't seem to find any

Nope.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

So it's been a while since we have talked about 4k screens. What's new? What have you bought? What should we buy?

FreeSync 4K is now available for Radeon people.

Other than that, there are basically the same 4K monitors now as in January and the rest of the year. CES and Computex are the big introduction times, with April-June shelf dates.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

I have a Samsung UD590 - it's been great for me so far, and is a FreeSync-compatible monitor.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited August 2015

I have been eyeing the Samsung panel, but I think I want Vesa mounts. I haven't done any research if there is a 4k, Vesa and freesync solution for a reasonable price, or if I need to wait a while longer.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Yeah, missing VESA is kind of a downer. It also doesn't have a very adjustable stand, but it hasn't actually been a huge problem for me so far. Might change when I actually get my desk, though.