Magic: the rekindling

2»

Comments

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    Ooh.... fellow Magicers (Magicians? What does one call someone who plays MtG?)... Could you post some suggestions for various items that are useful to have when playing? Ex: suggestions for good tokens (add +1/+1 token to creature), life counters (or is it best to just use a smartphone app for that?), token creatures, etc.

Also, anyone have suggestions for storing cards in a non-binder fashion? I generally find that binders take up too much space, and they tend to be rather pricey.

We always play with our DnD dice, for life (a d20 or 2d10 are useful) and d6 for +1/+1 counters.

For tokens, if you dont have the fancy tokens, a face down card with a die in the corner for power/toughness (since most token have the same p/t, usualy one die is enough, e.g.: "2" on a d6 for a 2/2)
    Or posts it and draw on them...

For storage, shoebox works pretty well, or you can buy those white cardboard box at your local game shop for prettycheap.

ardichoke
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2015

@ardichoke said:
    Also, anyone have suggestions for storing cards in a non-binder fashion? I generally find that binders take up too much space, and they tend to be rather pricey.

Not that I've done any card organizing lately.

(The deck boxes that come in Fat Packs - I pad each 1000-card box with one of those, so I can remove it first which then gives me enough room to pull out cards without mangling them. Then they don't shift the rest of the time, either.)

ardichoke
  • Awesome. Thanks @Linc‌ and @oni_dels‌

Follow-up questions, what kind of card sleeves do you guys like? I checked out some sleeves a friend of mine has. I really liked the matte finished ones he has but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

oni_dels
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    Follow-up questions, what kind of card sleeves do you guys like?

90% of mine are Ultra Pro sleeves which is more a factor of what's around when I need them than specifically searching them out. I'm not very picky about them. Definitely interested if there are nicer ones.

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

I've had good luck with Dragon Shield sleeves.
    http://www.arcanetinmen.dk/products/dragon-shield-sleeves-standardsize-100-ct

Mayday's have a good reputation too:
    https://maydaygames.com/mtg-card-sleeves-white.html

oni_dels
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I get most of my pieces supplies (for things like tokens and sleeves, but also for bits to be used in the design process) from http://www.boardsandbits.com/

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

dragon sleeve, or nothing. i'm old fashion, i go raw dog...

BuddyJ
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Got DotP 2015 in the Humble Bumble. So far it's pretty good, though I've only played the campaign.