Irritating Bosses

Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian ScoundrelIndianapolis, IN Icrontian

Ran across this bastard in one of my favorite MMO's (Adventure Quest Worlds), it took me and 5 other people literally 30 mins going all out to take him down. Stupid high HP, stupid low dammage. Not a threat, just annoying.

Jir'abin

Level: 50

Difficulty: 5 stars

Total HP: 1,156,219

Attacks:

Bite: 154-179

Void Beam: 154-179

So my question is this, what are some of your most hated boss encounters, why, what stats did the boss have. This ass has officially made my top 10.

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

Psycho Mantis, Metal Gear Solid (for Playstation). I struggled for ever with that guy, and finally caved to reading a game guide on how to beat him. So simple, yet so hard.

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

bowser

Creeperbane2
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Capra Demon in Dark Souls is pretty annoying. He's not hard compared to most bosses, in fact he gets degraded to regular mob later on. What's annoying is you can't see him coming at the very beginning of the fight. Which means he may kill you in that 1-2 seconds of blindness. Especially if you didn't know about the fight before entering the room. Throw in the really cramped space, his wide attack range, and the fast attacking extra mobs and it's a pretty annoying fight.

• Senator Armstrong (final boss) in Metal Gear Rising: Revengence. Seriously, the difficulty curve shoots straight up in that fight.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

EverQuest: Rathe Council

1-2 hour fight, required 70 raiders.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

primesuspectTiberiusLazarus
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I think it was just because we sucked as kids. I went back and played Blaster Master as an adult and just wrecked the hell out of those bosses.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@Jokke said:
    Psycho Mantis, Metal Gear Solid (for Playstation). I struggled for ever with that guy, and finally caved to reading a game guide on how to beat him. So simple, yet so hard.

I concur. I actually figured it out with help from my little brother. When I was playing through the game he liked to watch and wanted to play with me. So quite often I'd just plug in the second controller and give it to him. He was young enough that he was unaware that he was not actually playing. Then when I got to that boss I realized that he was actually damaging him, but I was not. Really genius design actually.

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    edited January 2015

the whole Wiegraf / Velius fight in FFtactics. pain in the ass...

primesuspectMyrmidon
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian

primesuspect
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

I love A Link to the Past so much. It's probably my favorite game of all time., That boss was rather annoying, but I think Mothula was the hardest in that game for me.

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

Needs no caption.

Cantioni_delsprimesuspectMyrmidon
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

You guys are reminding me of how maddening FFT could be

oni_dels
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian

Ahh, Riovanes Castle.... one of my favorite places to spend time being frustrated as the AI of the game treats mandatory NPCs as complete morons. :crazy:

oni_dels