Expo 2015: Event Planner - deadline 15 April
I'm planning to start registration a little later than usual this year (if you're curious, the price structure will likely be identical to 2014). In the meantime, it's time to start considering our schedule. Looking for thoughts on what we should keep, add, or jettison. Generally, the previous showrunner has right of first denial on repeating again in 2015.
- Duct Tape Challenge
- Detroit Bike Tour
- New Game Night
- Icrontic Human Chess
- Magic: The Gathering draft
- Beer Tasting
- Wine Tasting
- Team Fortress 2 tournament
- Minecraft Challenge
- Giant Catan
- LAN Decathalon (revised version)
- CB's Reading
- Group Photo
- Minecraft Creative Build
- LAN tournaments (previously: Civ5, Titanfall, UT2K4, L4D)
- Boardgame tournaments (previously: Dragonline, Ticket to Ride, Catan)
- Tea Time
- Workshops (previously: shaving, fitness, makeup)
- Outings & Tours (previously: Adventure course, distillery, coffee roaster, golf)
- Bad Movie Time
- Your ideas!
If you want to throw an idea in the ring, keep in mind what a reasonable run time would be, including any travel and cat herding. We have extremely limited space so it's not easy to make the final cut. It also can mean missing an event earlier in the day to prepare.