edited February 2015 in Internet & Media

Download from here: https://geoauth.google.com/gev0/free_trial.html

Use License key: GEPFREE

Google's announcement

-Digi

GargprimesuspectRahnalH102Choochdrasnor

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Are Icrontians using this day-to-day? Or is this mostly a gee-whiz kinda thing for us that we get bored of after an hour?

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I haven't messed around with it for a couple years now, but there was a possibility of making GPS routes and tracking that I thought you could only do with Pro. This would be really useful for my Dad's business if that were possible.

Linc
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I played with it for a bit, thinking I could make some really neat maps of the world my fantasy stories are set in, including buildings and everything, using it in conjunction with other tools, but I basically played with it for an hour and forgot about it. Actually doing anything with it would require 'second job' levels of learning and time investment.

Linc
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

@Linc said:
    Are Icrontians using this day-to-day? Or is this mostly a gee-whiz kinda thing for us that we get bored of after an hour?

Not so much anymore. The killer app for me was that you can use the Google earth api to embed functionality in my UAV control software to provide useful, well-maintained moving map, waypoint input and display, and geofence features. There are also some SLAM applications that I wasn't able to explore but which are still worthwhile. We also used it to visualize student aircraft flight telemetry and I plan to use it soon to visualize my amateur rocket telemetry logs.

Linc