i need help creating a RSS feed for my podcast.

oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French CanadianMontréal, Québec. Icrontian

so, i'm super old fashion html-on-notepad kind of webmaster, so rss feed are above my paygrade. i tried googling it and did some research, but i'm still very confused. now i'm trying to put my stupid podcast on itunes and it requires a bunch of stuff i'm not sure how to do.
can any of you help me?
you can peek at my atrocity here: http://dels.ecchi.ca/podcast/feed.xml

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2015

You have an ampersand in your title there to start with. RSS is standard XML which means there are a few "no no" characters you need to encode. I think you can get away with & for normal ampersands.

• BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian

I'm not familiar with formatting RSS feeds for iTunes, however, that itunes:image tag doesn't look right. There's no content or href associated with it.

Have you given any thought to using an open source podcast generator to create the feed for you?

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

@MiracleManS said:
    You have an ampersand in your title there to start with. RSS is standard XML which means there are a few "no no" characters you need to encode. I think you can get away with & for normal ampersands.

Yeah i realised it gave me a bunch of errors for all those pesky french accents (é è à)...

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

@BLuKnight said:
    I'm not familiar with formatting RSS feeds for iTunes, however, that itunes:image tag doesn't look right. There's no content or href associated with it.

Have you given any thought to using an open source podcast generator to create the feed for you?

Yeah that itunes:image is where about when i gave up, so i put it but didnt do anything with it.

A quick google search on my phone tells me a generator seems the way to go. I'll look into it today and give feedback.