THE GREATEST DAY EVER (for now, at least)!!!

aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politicoIndianapolis, IN Icrontian
edited March 2015 in Lifestyle

Today, I was at an Autism Expo at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. There was a flea market across the way, so I decided to go over there. The place was huge and there was TONS of racing memorabilia to choose from. So I ended up spending at least $70-$80 on the following items:

1994 Brickyard 400 booklet
1994 Racing Collectable Magazine
1998 Winston 500/Winn Dixie ARCA 300 program
1997 Jeff Gordon model kit
1997 Terry Labonte model kit
2009 Danica Patrick #7 Motorola Hot Wheels car (with sound)
2000 #93 Dave Blaney Amoco Sprint Car (came with above car)
1997 #1 R+L Carriers Pontiac die-cast
1995 #7 Exide Batteries Ford die-cast
1997 #10 Tide Ford (commemorating Ricky Rudd's win in the 1997 Brickyard 400. Also signed)
1998 #34 Goulds Pumps Chevrolet (Busch Series)
1994 #4 Bobby Rahal IndyCar
1995 #12 Venable Racing Ford (NASCAR SuperTruck Series by Craftsman)
1998 NASCAR 50th Anniversary Barbie doll
And my new favorite: The rear bumper of Casey Mears' #25 Chevy from Pocono 2007

Anyway, that was just the beginning. Afterwards, the group I hang with and I went to Lino's Coffee on Main St. in Speedway. When we got there, I was beside myself when I found out it was between CFH Racing and the Dallara factory. Anyway, the haulers at CFH were getting ready to head out so a friend of mine and I go around the corner to see what was going on. We ended up catching one of the Dallara workers on his smoke break and chatted with him about the upcoming IndyCar season. (Turns out that CFH forgot some parts for their test at Sebring and so they had to come back and get them.) Anyway, this man comes out and has a smoke as well. (For the record, I don't smoke.) Me and my friend had a nice chat with him and he gave us his business card. When we were walking away, my friend reminded me who the second person was. It was none other than Stefan dePonti, the CEO of Dallara! We were having a casual chat with the CEO of Dallara! After that, my mother let me drive home.

All in all, it was a damn good day!

P.S. This is me with Stefan's business card.

PirateNinjaCreeperbane2pigflipperprimesuspect

Comments