Heroes of the Storm Beta Key (3 to give away)

Greetings.

I currently have three beta keys to give away. Post here if you want them and I can send a PM with the key.

I am also looking for folks to team up with in the game. With the most recent patch Blizzard tried to fix the matchmaking which seems to have lead to strange group comps and more losses (for me). I would like to be able to team up with people to ensure a balanced group comp which should lead to more wins and a more satisfying experience. I am not hard core and typically play 2-3 games a night after work (5-6pm EST). If you are interested in teaming up my battle tag is mrklewis#1569.

Just to be clear the beta key does not mean we have to be friends or ever play together in the game. I just don't want them to go to waste if there are folks here that would like to get into the closed beta.

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I don't much like MOBAs, but this one sounds interestingly different from the other big ones. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

• 2 keys left :p

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

Yo!!!!
    Id like one please

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

I've been out of MOBAS for a while, but this one looks interesting, can ya hook meh up

• The keys are distributed. If I received more I will post here.

I have been playing the game for a while now. So far I like it. I have played LoL and Dota2 in the past and got really into them. With both of those games I felt like you would have to play for 2-3 years before becoming good at it. This is mostly due to the number of characters and items in the game you would need to know about in order to understand what you were facing from match to match. With HotS it is far more accessible with only having to worry about in game talent builds. The talent selection happen at level 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, and 20. You are given 2-5 options at those levels to pick from. The other advantage is the number of maps which have a central theme and objectives that are key to victory. This makes it different from other mobas.

The other advantage is the average game is 15-20 min long. So even if you are losing badly you know it won't take 40-60 min like other mobas.

I have not seen people being openly flamed like I have in the other mobas I mentioned. There seems to be a focus on having fun and making it enjoyable for everyone (even if you are losing).

During the beta, Blizzard has been pretty transparent about how they are using statistics from the game in order to balance gameplay. While interesting it is really noticeable when they tweak something. At times I feel like the game is overly balanced.

I am interested in hearing others opinion about the game.

CBBobbyDigi
  • Oh I forgot to mention to redeem the keys you need to go to www.battle.net/code.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@mrklewis You should play LOL with us sometime. Don't worry about not being "good". We just play to have fun. Plus we are usually on Mumble while playing so we can throw tips at ya and answer questions on the fly.

-Digi

• @BobbyDigi I played LoL for a long time, got heavily addicted and was saved by Diablo 3 when it came out. I liked the game other than the fact that it sucked my will to live. I recently uninstalled it after not signing in since May of 2012. Over the weekend I will get it installed. I like Moba's a lot but it seems that all my gaming friends hate them so I am mostly solo queuing, which can be tough.

• Turns out GnomeWizardd already had a beta key and is not going to use the one I sent him. So if there are any takers I have one to give away.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2015

I'd like to try it out.

• Sent, enjoy!

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

I also have 3 beta keys for anyone interested. :)