Star Wars Battlefront

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited October 2015

@_k said:
    aaaaannnnnddddd no voip for PC, per their twitter account.

Why would they bother when

@Thrax said:
    In-game voice chat is full of shitheads.

This and the understanding I would expect them to have that most players are probably already using Skype or Mumble or some other nonsense.

• Voice would destroy the fantasy. The game does a pretty good job of soldier sounds that keep you inside the Star Wars experience. Talking during Battlefront would be about as rude as talking during a movie. Don't want, glad it's not implemented.

UPSLynx
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited October 2015

I agree that player voice would destroy the experience.

EA has put a lot of work into inter-soldier banter and reactions.

Literally when playing Walker Assault on the PS4 beta with some of my buddies 2 of us were in X-wings, they were egging each other on about kills and shit it was great.

Then my buddy got shot out of the sky and I hear a lady start speaking (My character) to the effect of.

"Red 1!? Red 1 come in!? Red's gone!"

Gave me goddamn feels.

Cliff_ForsterBobbyDigiRahnalH102UPSLynx
  • @ilriyas - I wondered if anyone else felt that way too. I didn't hear that bit, but just the combat sounds of "look out" "he's over there" "incoming" that sort if thing really felt like it was well thought out and well timed. A simple thing, but having a grown man on the mic yelling at a bunch of kids to do their part to secure the objective is just going to take me out of that world. I don't want it.

BobbyDigi
  • portzebieportzebie Arteest Utah, USA Icrontian

I, for one, welcome our new Battlefront overlords

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

@Cliff_Forster said:
    ilriyas - I wondered if anyone else felt that way too. I didn't hear that bit, but just the combat sounds of "look out" "he's over there" "incoming" that sort if thing really felt like it was well thought out and well timed. A simple thing, but having a grown man on the mic yelling at a bunch of kids to do their part to secure the objective is just going to take me out of that world. I don't want it.

STAY ON TARGET, STAY ON TARGET!

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Okay, but if I hear "Artoo that stabilizer came loose again. See if you can't lock it down" or "I've got a bad feeling about this" in a Star Wars video game ONE MORE TIME....

PirateNinja
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

I can't hear "All too easy" "You are not a Jedi yet" without thinking back to the frustrations of Empire Strikes back for the NES. Whenever you died, you would hear one of those lines.

• "Artoo" :zombie:

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    Okay, but if I hear "Artoo

/votekick Prime

PirateNinja
    edited October 2015

Oh get off your high horses.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R2-D2/Canon

R2-D2, pronounced Artoo-Detoo and often referred to as Artoo, was an R2 series astromech droid.

PirateNinjaCyclonite
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@Cliff_Forster said:
    ilriyas - I wondered if anyone else felt that way too. I didn't hear that bit, but just the combat sounds of "look out" "he's over there" "incoming" that sort if thing really felt like it was well thought out and well timed.

Just wait until you guys hear some of the hero/villain banter. In modes like Hero Battles, where you've got all of the Heroes and Villains fighting in the same match, there are some fantastic voice lines that they dish out among each other. Boba Fett in particular has some real gems. It's so cool.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@PirateNinja said:
    "Artoo" :zombie:

Canonically correct, to a certain extent. Lucasfilm allows it ;)

primesuspectPirateNinja
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    Boba Fett in particular has some real gems. It's so cool.

"He's no good to me dead"

• Man I hate to be such a nerd, but that's allowed here right? Just for fun:

Referring to R2-D2 is like referring to Luke or Darth Vader. You are using a name, so this isn't a pronoun it's a proper noun. So writing artoo parallels with writing lewk skiwawker. Having never seen it written that way, I :zombie: ed.

_k
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Sorry Ninga Daahn, you are wrong. You Pee 'S' Links is the authority here. I'm with Pry 'm Sus Pecked. If spelling out proper names for no reason in good enough for the Star Wars universe then well, it's good enough for me.

Kay gave you a real talk though so I'm open to being wrong.

-Dih Gee

PirateNinjaRahnalH102primesuspect
  • Agreeing with what Lewkas Films agrees is right is sort of like buying in to a Die ah bee teez cookbook written by Paul uhh Dean.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Guys, lets get in some @-@'s and wreck some rebels!

RyderPirateNinjaprimesuspect
  • R2-D2 is the droids model classification, his friends call him Artoo.

Just like C-3PO - if you are cool with each other you say Yo Theepio wassup!

PirateNinjaprimesuspect

Well SOME PEOPLE have read many novels and sourcebooks and RPG books in the expanded universe. Hmmph!

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

UPSLynxCliff_ForsterprimesuspectBasil
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

I think I might buy this game, just put in for a week of vacation starting the 17th......

PirateNinja
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

-Digi

UPSLynx
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Thanks to my slow internet and Youtube settings, right as "A DICE Game" appeared, it dropped video quality and looked like "A DICK Game" instead.

UPSLynx
  • Anybody pew pew tonight?

• As reviews roll in, I can't help but feel disappointed by the EA strategy to squeeze us all for our fandom. It's ridiculous to go pay $60 for a multiplayer game to only have two good maps, limited weapons and character models because a bunch of content is being held back for more $$$$$....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/11/14/search-your-feelings-star-wars-battlefront-isnt-worth-60/