Expo @ ICHQ: Rules of engagement 2015
What should I NEVER do in ICHQ during Expo?
- Drop your bags on the main floor (take to attic immediately)
- Load the dishwasher at night (leave empty glasses on counter)
- Be loud in the attic (resting-only zone)
- Feed a dog or let them wander away
- Leave an empty house or garage unlocked
- Yell outside after midnight (neighbors)
- Go for a walk alone late at night (take a buddy)
- Consume liquor (beer, wine, mead, & cider are fine)
- Use the pocket doors (leave them open, always)
- Put leftovers in a fridge (you can borrow a cooler & get ice if you want)
Where should I set up my computer before the LAN tables are ready?
The office or great room. Never the pub. PCs can also be stored in the basement prior to LAN setup. You must wait for ALL CLEAR before hooking up your computer in the LAN room.
Can I sleep in the house?
Yes, anyone may stay in the attic for any reason. We have linens & pillows available as needed. And, if you cannot get to your hotel safely one night, please stay - there will be extra space. See Lincoln.
Can I shower at the house?
Yes, but: Please occupy it no more than 20 minutes (there is only 1 shower). Clean towels are folded outside the bathroom. HANG YOUR TOWELS OUTSIDE THE BATHROOM & throw it down laundry chute (in the bathroom closet) before you leave.
What if I spill or break something?
Please tell Lincoln or Brian immediately. Spills need to be cleaned up quickly. Spill towels & dustpans are in the broom closet in the back stairwell.
Can I do a load of laundry?
Yes, please let Lincoln know & remove your things promptly afterward. Avoid running the dryer in the evening (heat for LAN).
How does Michigan recycling work? (It's crazy)
- Order of precedence: Returnable (10-cent deposit), Recyclable, Garbage.
A RETURNABLE is any carbonated or alcoholic beverage container purchased IN MICHIGAN.
ARE returnable: Pepsi, Bell's Oberon, Bud Light, Sam Adams, Short's Soft Parade
NOT returnable: Yuengling beer (out of state), Aquafina (not carbonated), Gatorade (not carbonated), New Glarus beer (out of state)
RECYCLE all plastic, aluminum, glass, and unsoiled cardboard (NO TO-GO/PIZZA BOXES).
How can I help during Expo?
- Change out bags in full trash / recycling / returnable containers.
- Empty your drinks completely before depositing - even those last few drips.
- Collect & empty any bottles, cans, or glasses lying around.
- Organize the beer fridges & remove beers from packaging.
Ask Lincoln if you're not sure where something goes, need to locate spare bags, etc.
Thanks from the ICHQ commune! .